The Woodworking Shows - Charlotte show

Status
Not open for further replies.

Douglas Robinson

Doug Robinson
Corporate Member
I got the following email. I think it is a good opportunity and being in Charlotte is a good place for us to have a greater presence. What do all of you think? Scott, as events director, how does this fit into things?

Doug

Hi Doug,

Mike Smith, with the Charlotte Woodworker's Association, passed along your email to me. I'd like to offer you, and the North Carolina Woodworkers, the opportunity to participate in our upcoming show in Charlotte (see info below). This is a wonderful opportunity for your club to advertise itself, meet and recruit new members and enjoy the offerings of the wood show.

If you're not familiar with The Woodworking Shows, please visit our website at, www.thewoodworkingshows.com, or feel free to call or email me.

We offer the following:

Free booth space (w/ accompanying electric, tables and chairs)
Free admission for booth workers (up to 36)
Free advertising in the Bark, our show program (*the deadline for Charlotte is February 10th*)
Discount admission coupons

We ask, in return, that you agree to man your booth during all operational hours and offer instructional/educational discussions with show attendees.

The Show location, dates and hours are:

The Park (Independence Hall)
800 Briar Creek Rd
Charlotte, NC 28205

March 25th, 26th, 27th

Fri - 12 to 6
Sat - 10 to 6
Sun - 10 to 4

I hope to hear from you.

Dawn Dellinger
Non-Profit Coordinator
731-707-3492
dawn@thewoodworkingshows.com

The Woodworking Shows
PO Box 1094
Bristol, RI 02809

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Wow. Yes this is an opportunity we need to jump on. Doug please accept the offer and we can start to put something together.

Joe we will need some funds. I will work on that.

Douglas Robinson

Doug Robinson
Corporate Member
I have accepted the invitation. Scott I have received the following from Dawn. The best way to reah her is by email during show times (Fri-Sun) and by phone other times. If it is pressing you can phone her during show days. Contact me with a good time to talk by phone.

Doug:

Special Display Guidelines 2010/11
We’re looking forward to hosting your club, guild, or school at the show!
Show Hours: Friday 12-6, Saturday 10-6, Sunday 10-4
Move-In: Thursday 12-6, Friday 8-10

Important Policy Reminders/Changes:
1) Please be courteous to vendors! DO NOT “shop the show” prior to opening. Vendors are busy setting up for the day and prefer not to be interrupted at this time. Please contain your pre-show activities to your assigned booth space.
2) Due to continued problems, you must have someone setting up your booth no later than 9:00 AM on Friday. After this time, we cannot guarantee tables or chairs will be available and your booth space will be subject to reassignment. I recommend, if at all possible, that you do your set-up on Thursday, between noon and 6:00 PM. If you cannot do this, please plan to be there by 8:00 AM, Friday.

· Organization must make all arrangements for materials to be delivered and picked up at the Show.
· Large items can be delivered via freight doors.
· Small display pieces may be hand-carried.

PARTNERS IN PROMOTION

· In exchange for the booth, please help us by promoting the show in your newsletters, and at all meetings.
· Discount coupons and posters are available! Let us know how many you need.
· If you’ve not already done so, please complete the Special Displays details form available at the Club and Guilds tab at TheWoodworkingShows.com.
· Organizations are encouraged to wear logo’d or coordinating shirts to bring continuity to the display.
· Hand Lettered Signs are not allowed.

PLEASE REMEMBER…

· Freight doors cannot be opened during show hours.
· For security purposes, until the show opens each morning, your members must be in your booth and not wandering the floor. If this occurs, they may be asked to leave by security or Show staff.
· Please remind booth staffers on the final shift on Sunday that they should not begin to move out until 4:00 p.m. when the show closes.

· Please be considerate of fellow exhibitors. Keep audio aids turned down so as not to disrupt activity in adjacent displays.

COMMERCIAL ACTIVITIES PROHIBITED

· Selling of any commercial product will result in forfeiture of booth space.
· Handmade items may be sold.
· Organizations selling items at their booths MUST provide Show with Tax ID # at least 10 days prior to opening of show. Your name and address will be provided to the appropriate tax authority. More information on sales tax registration can be found under the Exhibitor Center tab on our website.
· Price tags are not allowed on items or demonstration equipment.
· Equipment borrowed from exhibitors to use for demonstrations may have a sign recognizing the donor but no price tags are permitted on the equipment.
· Literature or promotional material for commercial products or retail operations is not permitted in the exhibit space.

Club & Guild Guidelines Page Two

SECURITY & STAFFING

· For security reasons, your members must stay out of any unattended booths before or after show hours.
· At least one person is required to be in your booth during all show hours.

Badgeless Entrance Procedures for Special Displays

Please make members who staff your booth aware of the following procedure:

· All special display exhibitors will receive, up to, a total of 36 daily tickets to distribute to booth volunteers. The entrance pass will be good for one day/one time use. The ticket taker at the door will collect the pass so you will need a hand stamp when you leave the show in order to re-enter on the same day.
· Groups exhibiting in “combined” displays will be eligible to receive up to the 36 tickets per group. For example, three combined clubs would receive (up to) 108 tickets.
· Once all the passes for your group are gone, members will need to buy a ticket to enter
· Tickets will be mailed to club contact at least three weeks prior to the Show.
· TICKETS ARE YOUR ENTRANCE TO THE WOODWORKING SHOWS. SPECIAL DISPLAY PARTICIPANTS ARE NOT PROVIDED WITH EXHIBITOR BADGES.

Please do not abuse the system by distributing tickets to people who are not working in your booth. This can result in disqualification from future shows.

DIRECTIONS TO VENUE & PARKING

· Find addresses and directions to venues under the Exhibitor Center tab on TheWoodworkingShows.com
· Your members will be responsible for paying their own parking and any other expenses incurred. Please let all your workers know in advance.

ELECTRICITY

· The Woodworking Shows is pleased to provide your group with 500 watts of 110v electricity.
· We recommend that you assess electrical needs well in advance of the show so that if it is necessary to order additional electricity you can take advantage of discounts available up to 30 days prior to the show.
· Electrical Order Forms can be found at www.TheWoodworkingShows.com. Click on the “Exhibitor Center” tab.
· 220 volt electricity is NOT provided and MUST be ordered. Order form can be found at TheWoodworkingShows.com under the Exhibitor Center tab.

SAFE OPERATION OF EQUIPMENT

• If you are planning to use a lathe, or other equipment that throws off wood chips please be sure to provide a shield to protect the public from any flying objects
  • Keep your area clean. Debris must be swept regularly and kept out of aisles at all times.

QUESTIONS? Please contact Dawn Dellinger, Non-Profit Coordinator
at dawn@thewoodworkingshows.com or 731-707-3492

Thank you for your attention to these details!

Attachments

• Special Displays Registration2[1].pdf
    307.7 KB · Views: 163

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Sorry, work has has kept my schedule packed and I haven't been online much this week. This is a great opportunity! :thumbs_up:thumbs_up

CaptnA

Andy
Corporate Member
This looks like a promising opportunity.
I'm not familiar with the show itself. Has anyone gone before?

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Just a follow up to this thread. I have submitted our application. I am not sure how long the TAT is on hearing back. We do need to start beating the bushes to get folks to man the booth and doing demos. I request 2 10 x 10 booths with electric figuring one booth for demos and the other for NCWW membership information.

Joe Scharle

New User
Joe
Scott, since the caps are out for now, I suggest you see if Rob can print his NCWW bus cards in NAME TAG format. Get some name tag holders w/ clips at Staple perhaps. I know they sell them, and you'd have some ID for people at the show.

M

McRabbet

If Scott can get me a groups of names of the booth attendees, I can take a shot at getting some name badge stock, badge holders and print them, but aren't we too late? Doesn't the show start today? I'm not sure how they could get from Apex to Charlotte in a timely manner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS