The Society for American Period Furniture Makers - new SE VA / NE NC Chapter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bapakleo

New User
Leo
A new chapter is being formed for Northeast NC & Southeast VA. The first meeting is being planned for the 1st or 2nd Saturday of April. Current plans are to alternate meetings between Norfolk, VA (Woodcraft store) and Hertford, NC (Hobb's Furniture Workshop/School). This is open, and appropriate, for everyone from the accomplished furniture maker to those (maybe) interested in beginning woodwork. If you are interested in joining, or just attending a meeting or two to get a feel for it, please contact me or Ben Hobbs. Hope to see hear from you and see you there.

bluedawg76

New User
Sam
I've heard very good things about it. Might be right up my alley -nothing I can offer, but lots I could learn. I'm guessing I can get more info on SAPM website to see what's entailed?

Bapakleo

New User
Leo
Sam, while the web site would give you overall information about SAPFM, most of the specifics and activities are at chapter level. Since ours is in the formation stage we haven't many specifics, but we are anxious to get the member's (yours) ideas of what they (you) want so we can make that happen.

Just as clarification, I merely volunteered to do yeoman work. The 'old hands' working on this chapter are Ben Hobbs and a fellow from Williamsburg (Roger Hall?). So far I know they have interest from Raleigh/Durham, Washington (Little)/Chocowinity, Greenville, Williamsburg, Norfolk, Richmond, Elizabeth City, et al.

I look forward to meeting you.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Hertford is about 2 hours from me. I might have to come check out a session. Leo, please keep us posted. Once the date is finalized we can add it to the NCWW calendar as well.

Bapakleo

New User
Leo
Scott, Will keep everyone here posted.

It would help us tremendously if we could get the email address and phone number of interested folks so there would be one mailing list (or notification list in case there are unforeseen last minute changes).

There is a B&B and restaurant co-located with Hobbs Furniture in Hertford. Naturally we have easy access to other eating establishments, food stores and fast food joints. There are other B&B and restaurants within a few miles but the closest motel is 15 minutes or so away in Edenton.

When we meet in Norfolk all the bigger city amenities are available.

Always glad to help get furniture makers together so I can learn from them. Looking forward to meeting you. Best regards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS