The new Easy Finisher

Status
Not open for further replies.

woodArtz

New User
Bob
Well, Craig Jackson at Easy Wood Tools has done it again. the maker of the Ci1 Easy Rougher has a new tool made specifically for finishing. If you liked the Ci1 you will love the Ci0 Easy Finisher. The round cutter will make short work of the inside of a bowl and leave a nice smooth finish.

I ordered mine last week and received it in two days. As soon as I could get the tool out of the box, I chucked up a bowl and tried it out. The cutter makes a very smooth cut through the entire interior of the bowl, from lip to base. For many folks the interior cut is difficult to master using a bowl gouge. This tool makes that cut effortlessly. The only thing to be mindful of is proper tool presentation. The cutter should be perpendicular to the tool rest throughout the entire cut (or more accurately parallel to the lathe center).

The Ci0 comes handled and is tad pricey, but Craig says he'll give NCWW a deal if we do a group buy of six Ci0 tools. He'll throw in free shipping and a free spare cutter, but you have to act fast, this only lasts through May!

Here's a file photo and a video...

http://www.easywoodtools.com/videos.php

Last edited:

woodArtz

New User
Bob
Looks like the same cutting tip as the Hunter tool:eusa_thin

I thought the same thing when I first saw it Earl, but it is quite a bit different actually. The cutter on the Ci0 is flat on the top and has a different angle. The tool presentation of the Hunter is tricky. You have to maintain an angle to keep it from catching. The Ci0 is presented flat and horizontal.

jimwill48

James
Kind of looks more like a standard round shear scraper used in a flat style. I tried my homemade shear scraper (uses a round Sorby cutter) and I got it to work the same way. After saying that I'm sure that this tool is not the same but goes to show that some tools can have dual purposes.. see photo below for my handcrafted tool.....

toolshaft.jpg

boxxmaker

New User
Ken
I have the Ci1 an 2,but use the same handle.Then I bought the Ci0 cutter an made my own shaft an put it in one of his handles that he had givin me.LOVE IT,then the other day he sent me another Ci0 cutter,free of charge because he thought that I may have gotten a defective cutter ( I didn't)great guy to deal with. :icon_cheers

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
What is the price? I may have missed it in the previous posts:icon_scra.

WoodWrangler

Jeremy
Senior User
I'd like one ... but not sure I want to swing it right now (as I'm not doing much turning) ... but if the group gets close I could be swayed!

MikeL

Michael
Corporate Member
Well, I think we have the numbers. I wasn't in on the last one, so can someone explain how we can make this happen?

Kicbak

New User
Wes
After watching the video, I'm in for one as well + another cutter or two. Maybe even a Ci2 since I missed the last buy on that too.

Wes

woodArtz

New User
Bob
Well guys since I have one, I wasn't planning on making another order :wink_smil. I'd be happy to contact Craig and see what details need to be put together to make a group buy. Since most off you are from the triangle, shipping to one address may be easy. The pony express should help with the others.

DavidF

New User
David
Isn't that just a very sharp scraper effectively? The wood being cut is passing the tool edge pretty much at 90 Deg isn't it? Certainly looks easy and why not??? Could the reason be that old style tools couldn't scrape like that because the edge wore out too quickly and it's the advent of TC cutters that make this possible? And therefore the "cutting" cut with bevel rubbing was the only way?? I'm all for the easy option!!

PChristy

New User
Phillip
Well guys since I have one, I wasn't planning on making another order :wink_smil. I'd be happy to contact Craig and see what details need to be put together to make a group buy. Since most off you are from the triangle, shipping to one address may be easy. The pony express should help with the others.

Did you ever find out about this Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS