The message I sent to WWGers

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
Can one of you who monitors the webmaster email, see if I included a copy of the "invitation" that I sent to some of the WWGers? I'm in FL on my laptop and don't have a copy. If you have it would you post in this thread? I need to send it to one more more person.

Thanks

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Is this what you are looking for?

First, thank you for replying to my email about your usage of the site. Each of you has indicated that you still wish to use the site AND actually have pictures posted.
There is good news and bad news. First the bad. Woodowrking-Galleries.org is going to be shut down. This will happen on or about wed, march 7, 2007.
Now the GOOD NEWS in 2 parts: First part is that any external links to your pictures will be still be valid for at least 4 months.
Second part is that I have made arrangements for your galleries to have a new home where you will be able to add pictures and create links to them for use on other sites. This new site is
www.ncwoodworker.net. It uses the same gallery software that is used in woodoworking-galleries.org so there will be no learning curve. And, I will move all your photos from woodworking-galleries to ncwoodworker, if you wish.
Now a word about ncwoodworker. This is a general purpose site, in the fact, that it has forums, download library, link library and, of course, Photo Galleries. However, the site normally has residency requirements. The site is intended to serve the Woodworking community of North Carolina and surrounding areas. We do have a few individual exceptions to this.
You will be allowed to join as an exception to those residency requirements.
At first, I thought, we would restrict your usage of the site to the Photo Galleries, but after some thought, it has been decided that it would not be fair to you. So all of the services of the site will be open to you. If you decide to avail yourself of these services, you will find that the membership will welcome you with the same hospitality that we give all new members. In other words, you will be very welcome there. Though, you may have to endure a couple of jokes about being "furiners" :)
So now the question is how does all this take place? This will be an "opt-in" situation. You opt-in by registering at the site. In order to get past the residency requirements. You must do the following when you register.
1. Your username MUST be the same as it is on woodworking-galleries
2.Under county chose "Not NC resident" If in fact you do meet the residency requirements, you may change that field in your profile AFTER you registration is approved.
3. In the field "Non-Resident Join Request", enter "woodworking-galleries.org"
4. In the Referrer field, enter "SteveColes" no space.
You must join before Wed, March 7, 2007.
A final word about ncwoodworker. We do not allow a lot of stuff that goes on other sites. We do everything we can to make the whole experience on the site, a pleasant and welcoming experience. Please read the site policies.
Now, what if you decide that you don't want to join the site.? Your links to pics on woodworking-galleries will still be good for at least 4 months.
However, if there are pictures there that you want to keep, please have them downloaded by the cutoff date 3/7/2007.
If you have any questions or problems just reply to this message or send me an email at webmaster@woodworking-galleries.org
Good luck and I hope to see you at ncwoodworker.
Steve Coles

Dave:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS