the book case has landed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
this is the top for the desk that was done last week. approx. 15 hours total including 3 coats of [you guessed it!] laquer.:eusa_danc its sycamore from the picnic lumber run in 2007. almost got it used up but there is another pile I havent got into yet!:gar-La; the kids love it!

fred
desktop4.JPG

desktop3.JPG

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
That thing looks HUGE!!! What is the width on that desK?

Still, as big as it is, it looks great Fred! It looks like you used shelving standards, is that correct?

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Very nice! :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap I love the design and choice of woods. :icon_thum

Cheers, :eek:ccasion1

Trent

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
there are 6 shelves. 2 per opening. yeh I used standards K V type with clips. quick and easy and they adjust in 1/2" increments!:gar-La; oh and it is large! 7' wide and 82" high. I got big grand kids!:rotflm: need lots o storage for my pack-rat!:gar-La;

T

toolferone

Very nice looking Fred. Yup it is LARGE! Did you fasten it to the desk and how if you did?

J

jeff...

Hey Fred that nice now and LARGE for large grand kids... You say that's 2007 NCWoodworker Picnic wood - does it still smell like BBQ?

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
Very nice looking Fred. Yup it is LARGE! Did you fasten it to the desk and how if you did?

I added some cleats to the inside of the outer uprights. the uprights overlap the side by 7/8" so the cleats are mostly invisible. I added some screws to these to fasten it to the desk top. when finished its all one piece.it rocks a little but its sitting on carpet with thick pad. it will settle down in a few days. its heavy enough that it aint fallin over!:gar-La; LOML has it mostly full already. imagine that!:rotflm:

sawduster

New User
Robert
OK , that's it .....I gotta come over and see that !! Beautiful work bro :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

.....ummmmm where did you find room for it ? :rolleyes: :rotflm:

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
OK , that's it .....I gotta come over and see that !! Beautiful work bro :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

.....ummmmm where did you find room for it ? :rolleyes: :rotflm:

simple! I just moved the pile set up the desk and put the pile on the desk!:rotflm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors