Thank You rewards from CITI Bank

Status
Not open for further replies.

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
If you have a CITI Bank card, or account, chances are that you have some "Thank You Rewards" points. These can be redeemed for Amazon Gift cards. 3500 points gets you a $25 gift card, and 6000 points will get you a $50 gift card. I just ordered enough $50 gift cards to buy myself a PC 4212 Dovetail jig.:gar-La;I never really thought about using them to buy a gift card. Most of the offerings I have seen are over priced, plus you have to pay shipping.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Likewise, Lowes Food Stores give GreenPoints which I redeem for HD gift cards. Since we normally do most of our shopping at Lowes Food, I consider it:

free money = free tools

Jim Murphy

New User
Fern HollowMan
How do you acquire the rewards? One point per dollar, or more than that?

I use a Chase Rewards card that gives 1 point per dollar spent, with 5 points on up to $400 worth of whatever you spend the most on. The points are essentially pennies. However, if you can save up $200 worth, Chase will send you a check for $250. You can cash the check and buy whatever you want.

Funny thing is, you can't apply the $250 to your bill, you've got to get the check, deposit same, and then write another check back to Chase, if that's what you want to do.

But I don't do that, I CASH the thing and spend it.

Clark Howard mentioned last week that some cards give 2% back on everything. I'd change, but over the years I've memorized my card number, expire date and magic number, so I'm reluctant to change.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors