Tax free weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
For those who are not aware any energy star appliances are NC sales tax free this weekend. It runs today (Friday) through Sunday. I also believe Lowe's is running a 10% off as well on energy star appliances.

Now if only someone made energy star wood working tools. :dontknow:

CarvedTones

Board of Directors, Vice President
Andy
I sent that on to my wife; our washer has some rust and the dryer is just as old (amazing how time passes; we have been in the house almost 16 years). So you may have just saved me a couple of hundered dollars (or cost me several hundred :) ).

Thanks!

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
I wish they did have energy star stickers....10% off and no tax. hmmmmmm

J

jeff...

Personally I think any hand tool should automatically qualify as "energy star" shoot they don't use none - how much more efficient can you get?

CarvedTones

Andy
The good news is that between the tax, the washer sale, letting our Lowes account lapse and getting the 10% for opening another, free installation and haulaway special, we saved somewhere in the neighborhood of $500 on a new washer and dryer. The bad news? Well, I still have to pay the rest of the price. But on top of all the other savings they were running 0% interest. Anyway, it had to be done at some point very soon so I really appreciate the heads up. Thanks, Scott! :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
and you helped the economy :icon_thum.

BTW our new frig is coming this week.:wink_smil

tom hintz

New User
Tom Hintz
My wife saw the same sale and had me installing a shinny new programmable thermostat for the heat pump. I didn't know that very few of these fancy thermostats work with heat pumps with emergency backup heat, which our has. Natually, the $100 model was compatible so I spent an hour installing that and programming it so that the heat goes down overnight. With the electric savings we ought to pay for this thing sometime in this lifetime. Hers anyway.

CarvedTones

Andy
My wife saw the same sale and had me installing a shinny new programmable thermostat for the heat pump. I didn't know that very few of these fancy thermostats work with heat pumps with emergency backup heat, which our has. Natually, the $100 model was compatible so I spent an hour installing that and programming it so that the heat goes down overnight. With the electric savings we ought to pay for this thing sometime in this lifetime. Hers anyway.

If your wife is like mine, there is another savings they provide and that is the interval timing for ad hoc adjustments (assuming yours has that). If my wife comes down stairs and thinks it is cold and adjusts the thermostat up a few degrees it will make it warmer and then an hour or so (I forget the interval) later it resets to the normal temperature. The reverse scenario also happens - coming in on a hot afternoon (or just feeling like it is very warm for brief periods for, uhm, some reason :wconfused:) and adjusting it down, it will reset. Before we had it, it wasn't unusual to go downstairs on a summer morning and find the downstairs system had been adjusted to the "meat locker" setting.

The difference they quote on washers and dryers of the vintage we have is amazing. The new ones are supposed to use less than half the power.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors