Table saw semi-gloat

Status
Not open for further replies.

tjgreen

New User
Tim
After seeing the posts on here for clearance specials, I upgraded from my crap-tastic portable table saw to the Ridgid TS3660 (does anyone else hear that? Sounded like a heavenly choir of angels singing the Hallelujah chorus. Or is that just me?). As I told my wife, I HAD to buy a new saw to save my immortal soul - the amount of swearing I was doing at the old saw was just sinful.

Sadly, this is only a semi-gloat because it still hasn't turned on. I twisted wrong while assembling and lifting it and strained my back (most of me's in my 30s, but my back's going on 60), and had to quit for the night. Must be karma for all that swearing. So now it's just sitting there, taunting me with its cast-iron goodness. Hopefully I'll be in full gloat this weekend though, need to rip some stuff and should be set by then.

BTW, if anyone's interested, the HD in N. Raleigh (Strickland and Six Forks) had only the floor model left. The mgr quoted me $300 on it. The hercu-lift base wasn't working right - looked like the U-bolt it clipped to was bent - but otherwise I didn't see anything obviously wrong.

JackLeg

New User
Reggie
Congrats on the new saw! :icon_thum:icon_thum:eusa_clap:eusa_clap
(You KNOW these guys ain't gonna let you off without a pic or two!)

That hercu-lift not working how you hurt your back?

:rotflm:

tjgreen

New User
Tim
No, sorry, I wasn't clear - the floor model is still there, I'd already bought the boxed one from the store in Wake Forest earlier this week. Just passing it along for folks here.

ptt49er

Phillip
Corporate Member
So, if I'm reading this correctly, you got a table saw?:rotflm:
But without pics I'm not sure that's really what your saying ;-)

Congrats on the score, now get that back healed up so you can go play!! :icon_thum

Outa Square

New User
Al
I have been watching the one here, i may pull the trigger on one soon. I just know a granite top beauty with riving knife is coming, but i like the current price of the 3660. It's seems to be the best saw in the sub 500 price range, i could not see move to something else until i could find a 3hp cabinet saw. Not as if i need one but i want it.

tjgreen

New User
Tim
Sheesh, tough crowd - I'll remember to secure photographic evidence on my next gloat for sure.

RandyJ

Randy
Corporate Member
Sheesh, tough crowd - I'll remember to secure photographic evidence on my next gloat for sure.

But Tim, it isn't too late for this one. With the proper proof, major ROCKAGE can still :icon_thum be acquired!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS