Table saw question

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeH

New User
Mike
I have my table saw on a mobile base and to me it looks and feels like the saw is too high.

What is the height of your table saw?

DaveO

New User
DaveO
I think mine is at about 34-36" high, and I am 6'3". I think a TS should be about the same height as a bench for hand planing, so you can apply good downward force as you move the wood across it.
Dave:)

MikeH

New User
Mike
I just went out and measured mine and it is 37 1/2" high. Not terribly high, but a little awkward. I will be interested to hear what others say.

hannah01

New User
Joe
Kelly Mehler says the standard saw-table height is 34 inches. However he also suggests that ideally the tabletop should be at the same height as your palm when your arm is hanging straight down and your fingers are out parallel to the floor.

Personally, mine is set higher than that and I like it. Your choice really--I say whatever height is comfortable and feels safe to you.:eusa_thin

J

jeff...

I don't know for sure, it's dark out there and it's pouring down the rain and I may melt if I get wet. I recall it's about waist high, I have it on some 2x blocks because it was too low for me, so I guess it's around 36 ~ 38" One thing I always look out for snakes when cleaning up the saw dust from under it, I havn't found one yet, but it just looks like a good place to be if I were a snake.

4yanks

New User
Willie
Mine is 35 1/2" high. I raised it to that hieght in order to allow objects on the saw to clear the jointer fence that sits next to the saw. I am 5' 9" tall and it is comfortable to me.

Larry Rose

New User
Larry Rose
I'm not close to mine to measure it but if it feels too high to you, then it's too high . Every body will be different. Ilike all my tables and work bench to be on the high side to accomodate my old back.

nelsone

New User
Ed
Mike, I think you'll find this to be one of those "whatever suits you" situations. Take a couple pieces of 3/4 ply and lay them in front of the saw. It it feels comfortable when you stand on them, lower your saw 3". Play around by raising yourself to see what feels best and adjust the saw height accordingly!

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
More likely you would float :lol:

My saw is about 32". I am tall and am pretty comfortable with the height. 36 or 37" seems too high to me.

MikeH

New User
Mike
I'll have to play around with the plywood under foot. My saw is a contractors saw with a non-adjustable stand. If I want to lower the height I will have to build my own stand for it which isn't a problem. :-D

dancam

Dan
Corporate Member
I have a Unisaw w/52' side table and out feed table set on a Delta mobile base. The height w/the base is 35" and this works well for me.

Dan C.

M

McRabbet

My Grizzly G1023SLX is on a mobile base and is 34-3/4" high -- just right for me!

Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors