T-Slot Aluminum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragon

New User
David
I have some T-slot aluminum that I need to get cut into lengths for an application I have in mind. Does anyone know of a place where I can get that done, preferably in or very near Lincolnton, that won't charge me an arm and a leg.:eek:
1515_Ultra_Lite_Smooth_Profile.png

This is very similar to the profile of the material I have. It's about 1 13/16 square and lengths vary from 18" to 7'. I just don't have any way to cut it myself and get the accuracy I need. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

James Davis

New User
James Davis
David,

Do you have a power miter saw? That is what I would use. You can get an aluminum cutting blade (Freud) or just a good wood cutting blade will do the trick. Just be sure to wear eye protection and long sleaves. Also, hearing protection would feel good when you finish.

James

Dragon

New User
David
David,

Do you have a power miter saw? That is what I would use. You can get an aluminum cutting blade (Freud) or just a good wood cutting blade will do the trick. Just be sure to wear eye protection and long sleaves. Also, hearing protection would feel good when you finish.

James

I have skill saw, (not a very good one either), a hacksaw, and a chainsaw. Need to have this done by someone with the tooling to make a straight and square cut. :dontknow:

Ken Massingale

New User
Ken
Anyone with a good quality carbide tooth blade on a tablesaw and an accurate miter guage can do it for you. It can also be sawn on a bandsaw.

Splint Eastwood

New User
Matt
Minimum 60toother

For a really clean close shave!

Also, spray either the piece or blade or both with a little lubricant to minimize any friction.

Wax lubricant is good as well (HD has).

Last edited:

jimwill48

James
David,

I'm in Mooresville and have a portable metal cutting bandsaw you can come over and use.

James

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS