Sunday in the shop....

Status
Not open for further replies.

alleng

New User
allen
Here is my first attempt at an adirondack chair. I still have a few bugs to work out but overall I am pleased. Got a thumbs-up from the LOML so I guess that is all that matters.:eusa_danc

Attachments

• DSCN7906.JPG
    DSCN7906.JPG
    88.7 KB · Views: 159

sawduster

New User
Robert
Bravo !! :icon_thum One of these days I'm gonna build something like that
I hope it looks half as good as yours !
Nice job :eek:ccasion1

skysharks

New User
John Macmaster
Allen, after building oh a few of those, I know what it takes. Very Nicely done.
Not sure from the pic what kind of lumber that is, but I would suggest that if it is meant to be outside exposed to the elements. Be sure to seal up the ground contact points on your legs.

I have made several out of pine (not treated) several out of Red Oak and now I make them out of treated lumber.
The untreated ones last a bit over a year, outside, uncovered. The Oak ones are still holding strong as are the treated lumber ones.(going on 4 years)
If you will soak the bottoms of the legs in a sealer of some type for a few days, they will last a life time.

Jim Murphy

New User
Fern HollowMan
Bugs? Tell me more

I still have a few bugs to work out but overall I am pleased. Got a thumbs-up from the LOML so I guess that is all that matters.:eusa_danc

Looks real good. Since that particular exercise is in my near future, I should be pleased to have you share the "few bugs" you encountered so that I may avoid at least those perils during my endeavors.

PeteQuad

New User
Peter
Nice chair Allen! I made a couple recently. I wasn't sure how they would come out so I used cheapo pine. For weather protection I used oil based primer and 2 coats of oil based paint (rustoleum). Seems to be holding up.

But the painting was a real pain. Next time I will use cedar or cypress.

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
That turned out great! :eusa_clap Didn't you say you were using cypress? The curves and contours look right on the money. So where is the footstool? Table? :eusa_thin

Trent

MikeL

Michael
Corporate Member
Congrats on a great job! :icon_thum My wife recently put in a request for a pair of those. I'm with Jim, what were the bugs? Thanks for sharing.

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Great looking chair, that's not going to fall apart on first seating! Plenty of space for putting your drink as well. :icon_thum

yellofins

Ron
Corporate Member
Allen,
Those chairs look great.
They look a lot like the ones I just completed out of ERC from the Veritas plans.
Where did you get your plans?

Ron

alleng

New User
allen
i used veritas plans,the lumber is cypress,i hate tlp with a passion. it makes me sick evry time we build a deck using it. as for the bugs...so far so good,evrything went pretty smoothe. now on to the footrest,table etc....and thanks for all the kind words,they aer encouaraging. thchair looks pretty good for something that i put together:rolf:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors