Suggestions inexpensive 4 jaw chuck

Status
Not open for further replies.

NCTurner

Gary
Corporate Member
I am looking for some suggestions (from personal experience) for some inexpensive reliable 4 jaw chucks, that won't break the bank.:icon_scra I would really love a oneway, but $220+ :cry_smile I have seen some others on Ebay and PSI that are a little less pricey, but I don't want to through money away if I am going to "outgrow" them in 1/2 months or have break as quickly.

NZAPP1

New User
Nick
I have this PSI set and have had no trouble at all with it and have turned a 13" bowl on it
DSC00580.JPG

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Gary,

I managed to pick up a Oneway Talon chuck from Hartville Tool for $186.99. Had to also purchase a 1"-8 RH/LH ADAPTER for $22.00. All with no Sales tax and free shipping.

Still not a bad deal for a Oneway Talon.

Wayne

WoodWrangler

Jeremy
Senior User
If you can get the Oneway, I'd do that. It is built like a tank and holds securely. If not, I would check out the PSI Barcudda 2. It looks to be be the best in the mid-market chucks IMHO.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
I have both the Oneway Talon and the PSI Barracuda II. I bought the Baracuda because I could get it with all four jaw sets and a set of Cole jaws for just a little more than Oneway wanted just for the Cole jaws.
The Barracuda is tops in value, the Talon is very high quality, but cost more than my lathe :swoon:

MTCW,
Dave:)

NCTurner

Gary
Corporate Member
(Shameless gloat) OK so here it is

603e_1.JPG

All ONEWAY a score I couldn't pass up. Grabbed off the bay for $120.00 because it was spelled wrong and not coming up in the normal search for "Oneway" :rotflm::gar-La;:eusa_danc

DaveO

New User
DaveO
WOW you got the basic Talon set-up plus the step jaws for $120 :eek::eek::eek::eek: that is a shameless gloat...you ROCK!!!

Dave:)

WoodWrangler

Jeremy
Senior User
NICE SCORE! You did it right ... that's a chuck for a lifetime. And if you get sick of turning, call me .... I might need another then!

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Fabulous deal, Gary!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eusa_danc:eusa_danc:eusa_danc:eusa_danc

Even though you stole it; you definately ROCK!!!!!

I would say that you are now well healed for many years of good service with that chuck.:wsmile:

Wayne

CaptnA

Andy
Corporate Member
you sure got your money's worth!
I imagine you can get that money back in a flash if it doesn't work out.
Great snag~
(one point if you're not too familiar with these. Makes sure you put the jaws in the right order anytime you change them. 1 in 1, 2 in 2 etc. The jaws are cut apart and need to be aligned the same way every time. Slip up and you'll see eventually it does matter.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS