[Suggestion-Main Site] Calendar Events

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimmyC

New User
Jimmy
Hello,

I have a suggestion for having some sort of Calendar Banner, on the main page, for upcoming events. When a bunch of us met on Mon. night, I asked a couple of the new guys if they were going to be at the Spring Picnic and I got "Deer in the Headlights looks" from them. They hadn't heard about it and asked me the date and basic info. I realized that there isn't enough In The Face info for a lot of the members. I'm online at this site everyday and I still manage to miss some stuff, Some of these people are only on once or twice a week ( due to being busy with life).

It would be nice to be able to post small events, such as lunches, dinners, or drink gatherings. But more importantly, Events such as the two Klingspor ones coming up, and the NCWW annual picnic, should be posted so people can make plans for them. I know that we have a calendar, but I also know that peolple who aren't on all of the time don't go into it.

This is just my opinion, I really enjoy the site and comeraderie of fellow woodworkers and want to spread the so called 'gospel' of what's going on.

Thank you guys for all you do.

Jimmy

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Interesting thought :icon_thum Normally if someone has entered an event on the calendar, like the birthdays that are displayed over on the right side of the page, it should show up there. I tried to check to see if events like the Spring Picnic were actually on the calendar and I got a Data Base error as I tried to advance a month.
I think that making events listed on the calendar more prominently displayed would be a good thing, but those events would have to be entered on the calendar in the first place.
Dave:)

JimmyC

New User
Jimmy
So Dave , do you think maybe we can do some thing with this ? I think it will help getting morfe people psyched for the picnic and other things.

Jimmy:icon_bigg

DaveO

New User
DaveO
I am sure that something can be done along these lines. But I ain't knowledgable enough to make it happen nor do I have the access to the areas of the site that can facilitate the changes.

Will, Chris are y'all out there. Do you see the big SP in the sky signaling you :-D:-D

Dave:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS