[Suggestion-Help Desk] Text of Personal Message Included in Email Alert Message?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tarhead

Mark
Corporate Member
Assigned To:: Unassigned
=====================================
Can we get the text of a PM included in the email we receive letting us know we have a PM? I travel a lot and go for extended periods w/o access to broadband/laptop and rely on my cellphone. It's taking ~3minutes to load each page (excluding photos) and the PM is 3 pages deep into the site. Reminds me of 1994 and my blazing fast connection to Compuserve:roll:.

Thanks!
Mark

Monty

New User
Monty
I understand your frustration, Mark. What you're describing is actually the default behavior of the forum, but it causes problems. People were constantly replying to the email notification they received, instead of logging in to the forum to reply. We made announcements, put obnoxious "DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL" all over the notifications, even tried sending messages to the "repeat offenders", but people just couldn't help themselves. We were constantly getting a steady trickle of people replying to their PM notifications. The ONLY thing that stopped it was removing the text of the PM from the notification email.

Tarhead

Mark
Corporate Member
Thanks Monty! How soon we forget. We're all Bozos on this bus.:eusa_doh:

I poked around a little on the web last night after posting this request and and tried out a new browser for my Blackberry called Opera-Mini. It was suggested by the experts on the Blackberry boards. Page loads are a lot faster and it hasn't locked the phone up yet this morning after a few hours of use. Please put this issue back to bed.

Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS