Storm damage

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmauldin

New User
Jim
We had a heck of a storm Mon. evening. The wind took out a big bradford pear tree in the front yard - half of it fell on my 7' camellia bush and broke out half of it. I spent Tues. with a chain saw. Tues. evening another storm hit. I didn't think it did much damage - until I was in the bathroom on the back side of the house Wed. and noticed streaks down the walls. Look up and the ceiling was falling in. Went outside and looked at the roof - singles missing. Will be meeting with the insurance adjuster tomorrow and see about getting all this fixed. Boy, I sure feel for the roofers having to work in this kind of weather, but that is what they get paid for. Anyway, we'll see how it all works out.
Jim in Mayberry

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
Glad it didn't take the entire roof. We have definitely been having some screwy weather as of late.

And I love it. Call me morbid, but I love a thunderstorm. Usually sit outside in them as long as my hair ain't getting wet:rotflm:. Don't wish anyone any bad luck or damage though.:no:

LeftyTom

Tom
Corporate Member
You'll be back in the dry in short time, Jim.

Neighbor up the street had a big oak in yard. The tree split in the middle. One half fell on his outbuilding, resting on the "carport" with minor damage. The other half fell on his other storage building, flattening it. :eusa_doh:

CaptnA

Andy
Corporate Member
I feel for you. So far I've seen 4 hailstorms this year and I'm gone one day out of three.
This was about 15 minutes after it quit so it melted a bit.
Rough weather all over, and more coming they say.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS