Static electricity in dust systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

lwhughes149

New User
Lorraine
Rob, my separator is hooked up to the entire system which includes the planner, jointer, router, and radial arm saw. The tablesaw is not hooked up with the new system, as I said I think that will take away from the power of the pull from the machines if I carry another 10 foot or so to the system. He will go for the 1hp machine. Does the separater take away from the pull of the dust machine?

M

McRabbet

Does the separater take away from the pull of the dust machine?
Yes, and its drag (actually it is static pressure loss) is probably equal to 15-20 feet of straight pipe depending on the configurations of elbows and flex. Sadly, there is no free lunch, so that is why it is critical to have blast gates on each machine so only the machine you are operating has an open gate.

lwhughes149

New User
Lorraine
Rob, you have really put my thinking cap on. Maybe the only machine that needs to be hooked to the separator is the planer which happens to be just at the right place. I have asked Scott Miller to come over and have a look at my setup. Maybe between the two of us we can come up with the proper conbination. Thanks Rob. Back to the shop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS