Space to Work

Status
Not open for further replies.

swlaw72

New User
Stephen
Hello All,
I am new to the site and live in the Charlotte/Gastonia area. I was wondering if anyone would allow me to work on their shop to complete some projects I have started. I am willing to pay to rent the tools and to learn from someone who has experience in woodworking.
Since beginning my projects I have learned a great deal and am eager to learn more.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Stephen

rcflyer23

Kevin
Corporate Member
Hello All,
I am new to the site and live in the Charlotte/Gastonia area. I was wondering if anyone would allow me to work on their shop to complete some projects I have started. I am willing to pay to rent the tools and to learn from someone who has experience in woodworking.
Since beginning my projects I have learned a great deal and am eager to learn more.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Stephen

Stephen, Welcome to the site. You will find this a great place to learn. What kind of tools are you looking to use? What are the projects that you have started?

With that there maybe a few people who will be willing to lend a hand or tool. :wsmile:

swlaw72

New User
Stephen
Hey Kevin,
Thanks for the response. I am looking to use a planar, joiner, router and other general woodworking tools as I am making some doors for a desk/cabinet.
I am finishing up a TV cabinet to hang on the wall and may need a little help placing the 270 degree hinges. My wife wants me to finish this soone.. :)
This may not be a every week thing, but once in awhile. Plus it would be nice to build a friendship and learn from someone.
Again, any help would be great.
Stephen

ptt49er

Phillip
Corporate Member
HOLY SMOKES!!!

HE FIGURED IT OUT!!!

STEVE!!!!!

You know you've got a shop in Harrisburg w/ it's doors wide open!!!

ptt49er

Phillip
Corporate Member
And while you're surfing around the forums, stop by the "Who We Are" forum and let these folks know a little something about ya.

I told ya there are a great group, so jump on in!!

swlaw72

New User
Stephen
Hey Phillip,
Hope all is well.
I may just take you up on your offer. I am almost finished with my project and ready to start a new one but the shop I was working in is not available.
Do you have a joiner and planar?
Steve

swlaw72

New User
Stephen
I am building some cabinets for a desk. I have the cabinets made out of 3/4" birch and also made the drawers with glides, but now I want to make the cherry frames and doors. I picked up my wood yesterday and am ready to start the doors.
S

rcflyer23

Kevin
Corporate Member
Well if Phillip knows you then your good in my book. Just let me know if you need anything. I have a lunchbox planer, 6" jointer and misc other stuff. I'm sure between me, Phillip and some other guys we can get you taken care of.

ptt49er

Phillip
Corporate Member
Better watch it Kev...you put too much faith in me ;-)

Maybe we can work it out where Steve and you can come by at the same time. I still need to get this fence taken care of :)

swlaw72

New User
Stephen
Phillip,
Hope all is well.
Do you have a joiner and planar? Also, do you have router bits to make cabinet doors?
Steve

ptt49er

Phillip
Corporate Member
I've got a jointer and a planer. I have a few bits, but probably nothing like what you'll need. I'm sure we can find a set to borrow.

decibel

New User
Patrick
IF you need a bigger jointer you can use my shop as well. Now it's not GIGANTIC like Phillip's :cry_smile but if you need to joint wider boards (less than 12") you can joint 'em up here. What type of router bits are you needing for the doors. Pretty sure I have raised panel set here somewhere...:eusa_thin

Welcome to the NC woodworker they put up with all my rookie questions!

ptt49er

Phillip
Corporate Member
IF you need a bigger jointer you can use my shop as well. Now it's not GIGANTIC like Phillip's :cry_smile but if you need to joint wider boards (less than 12") you can joint 'em up here. What type of router bits are you needing for the doors. Pretty sure I have raised panel set here somewhere...:eusa_thin

Welcome to the NC woodworker they put up with all my rookie questions!

Now Pat...My shops not that much bigger than yours :gar-La; And of course you have a set of bits somewhere...you seem to have everything crammed in your shop! Speaking of which...it's time to get back out there!

swlaw72

New User
Stephen
Hey Patrick,
Thanks for the response.
My boards are only about 6" wide and need to join them so that I can glue them up to make the door panels.
I was just looking to make some raised panel doors, possibly ogee style????
Is this something we can work out??
Steve

decibel

New User
Patrick
Hey Patrick,
Thanks for the response.
My boards are only about 6" wide and need to join them so that I can glue them up to make the door panels.
I was just looking to make some raised panel doors, possibly ogee style????
Is this something we can work out??
Steve

Steve,

I think we can work something out between Phillip, myself and all the others I have the bits and so on. I have an ogee style raised panel + rail & stile sets and Philip has all the space :) our shops aren't that far apart anyway. My shop is air conditioned too so I think I might have that as a 1-up on Mr. Big shop.:gar-La;

When you looking to get the doors made?

ptt49er

Phillip
Corporate Member
Steve,

I think we can work something out between Phillip, myself and all the others I have the bits and so on. I have an ogee style raised panel + rail & stile sets and Philip has all the space :) our shops aren't that far apart anyway. My shop is air conditioned too so I think I might have that as a 1-up on Mr. Big shop.:gar-La;

When you looking to get the doors made?

:rotflm: I've got AC too there Mr. Decibel :thumbs_up

I just don't have the selection you do :gar-Bi

Steve...Lets see what we can work out!

swlaw72

New User
Stephen
I would like to get the doors made as soon as possible but first I need to join/plane the cherry wood and then glue it.
I was able to create a raised panel on my table saw today and was quite pleased with the results.
When can we get together?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS