Southern Raleigh Shop Crawl Revisited

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimmyC

New User
Jimmy
I thought you were the one who liked GC!! That's why I suggested it!!:rolf: My preference is a good chinese buffet!:XXfridge:

The only good chinese buffets have bathrooms with alot of stalls in them.

And yes, at 40/42 there is also a chinese food place that does lunch buffets. Food is not great, but okay.

I still vote for eastern pig:icon_thum

Jimmy

Douglas Robinson

Doug Robinson
Corporate Member
Skysharks I 'd rather not say at this point. I know you have volunteered and I appreciate it. I am trying to work out the route, but need to confirm everyone and now work Scott's sawmill in. I think we may start at Scott's and head est from there. I do not want us or Scott near a sawmill at the end of a tiring day. :saw::no:

Doug

woodrat

New User
Archie
You're on!!!! I'll work it in.

On behalf of everyone Thanks,

Doug

Doug,

I've sent you PM's about being a host for the crawl
and have not heard a word from you. So here is my
public declaration...I would like to be one of the hosts
for the Southern Raleigh Shop Crawl.

Am I not being considered or what? Just let me know.

Thanks, :gar-Bi

Douglas Robinson

Doug Robinson
Corporate Member
Archie:

Sorry for any confusion. You are a host. I got your PM's. I had you on the list and it is in this thread since you confirmed per my request you are in. I am waiting on other(s) to confirm. MikeL and Lottathought had to withdraw. Scott Smith has been added. A couple of others have volunteered. Adding them is a matter of getting confirmation from the others and determining if their locations work well with the route. The two I am thinking of are a little far from the present planned route.

Hope that helps. Maybe I should brush up on my PM etiquitte.

Doug

woodrat

New User
Archie
Archie:

Sorry for any confusion. You are a host. I got your PM's. I had you on the list and it is in this thread since you confirmed per my request you are in. I am waiting on other(s) to confirm. MikeL and Lottathought had to withdraw. Scott Smith has been added. A couple of others have volunteered. Adding them is a matter of getting confirmation from the others and determining if their locations work well with the route. The two I am thinking of are a little far from the present planned route.

Doug

Thanks for the reply, Doug.

We all get busy and, at times, let things slip from our memory.
I'm at the age that I'm lucky to have a memory. What was the
question again? :dontknow:

Thanks,

JimmyC

New User
Jimmy
Thanks for the reply, Doug.

We all get busy and, at times, let things slip from our memory.
I'm at the age that I'm lucky to have a memory. What was the
question again? :dontknow:

Thanks,

The question is, "Will you be ready ?" I know it's going to take a long time to sweep your shop out, so you better start now.:gar-La;

Jimmy:mrgreen:

Douglas Robinson

Doug Robinson
Corporate Member
I know the cleaning is joked about a lot, but really it is not necessary. Crawlers are not looking to see who has the cleanest floor. We are not going to perform sugery in the shop so do not sweat it. We are looking to see how you use your space, do you have innovative ideas for storage or making tools mobile, what do you like to make what machines do you use, etc...

Finally we like to get together because the picnic is only given once a year!:gar-Bi

Doug

Douglas Robinson

Doug Robinson
Corporate Member
One further point. The crawls have developed some unexpected offshoots. 1) We have used the crawls to complete pony express deliveries, 2) Shop deliver wood sales have been made, and 3) We are going to have a saw mill demonstration! I am sure other thing will come up.

Doug

Fostering the woodworking community one crawl at a time.

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
I know the cleaning is joked about a lot, but really it is not necessary. Crawlers are not looking to see who has the cleanest floor. We are not going to perform sugery in the shop so do not sweat it. We are looking to see how you use your space, do you have innovative ideas for storage or making tools mobile, what do you like to make what machines do you use, etc...

Finally we like to get together because the picnic is only given once a year!:gar-Bi

Doug

To the point, I didn't even sweep! I wanted it au natural!

DaveO

New User
DaveO

Doug

:nah::nah: Nah just your cat-hearding. Doug you are doing the impossible job. Trying to please everyone all the time. Just ask Steve, it ain't possible. We all apreciate all your efforts at cat-hearding.

Dave:)

DaveO

New User
DaveO

Doug

Hey I ain't got none of that but I bet I do have the most COLORFUL floor on the crawl...and that why y'all are excited about my shop:eusa_doh:

Dave:)

woodrat

New User
Archie
The question is, "Will you be ready ?" I know it's going to take a long time to sweep your shop out, so you better start now.:gar-La;

It might take a week or so to get all the sweeping done.
Course I never really liked to sweep anyway. So, it will be
sweep a little, take a break, make more sawdust, take a
break, take a break, (Yes, 2 in a row) make sawdust, sweep
a little bit, etc, etc.

Who you gonna get to sweep that monster of yours?? I'll bet
you get those two sweet little girls down there and put them
to doing your work. Don't deny it, I know that's what you got
planned. :rotflm:

Guys, he has two cute little girls and he's gonna make slaves
out of them. Can you believe such a thing?....Hmmmm......
Wish my girls were still living at home.

If you feel up to a little company tomorrow, Jimmy, let me know
buddy.

Thanks,

M

McRabbet

Doug, I'd suggest you edit your first post and insert the September 27th date and later the names of the shops for the crawl -- it is buried way down in post #19. I'd love to attend, but I'm not sure I can get away. JMTCW.

Steve W

New User
Steve
Doug, I'd like to be put on the list for the S Raleigh Crawl, though I may not make it if I'm having surgery done. I've been less active lately with my neck problems and a vacation under my belt.

I'll also offer a shop for the future Durham Crawl.

:kermit: Steve

JimmyC

New User
Jimmy
It might take a week or so to get all the sweeping done.
Course I never really liked to sweep anyway. So, it will be
sweep a little, take a break, make more sawdust, take a
break, take a break, (Yes, 2 in a row) make sawdust, sweep
a little bit, etc, etc.

Who you gonna get to sweep that monster of yours?? I'll bet
you get those two sweet little girls down there and put them
to doing your work. Don't deny it, I know that's what you got
planned. :rotflm:

Guys, he has two cute little girls and he's gonna make slaves
out of them. Can you believe such a thing?....Hmmmm......
Wish my girls were still living at home.

If you feel up to a little company tomorrow, Jimmy, let me know
buddy.

Thanks,

No sweeping for me I just open up doors, strap on the leaf blower and away I go:rotflm:. Next week, bro', I'll give you a call baecause the girls are back in school:eusa_danc:eusa_danc:eusa_danc:eusa_danc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors