SOLD FS: WF & John Barnes Bench Top Friction Disk Drill Press

Rick_B

Rick
Corporate Member
SOLD In an effort to clean up and thin out my shop equipment I have decided to offer this drill press for sale. It is a late 1890’s or early 1900’s machine manufactured by W F & John Barnes . It is a bench top version and is identified in the Barnes catalog as a friction disk machine – essentially a mechanical variable speed.

Specifications from the catalog are shown in the pictures. Also included is a ¼ HP, single phase motor with a flat belt pulley. The chuck is an early ETTCO #1 keyless chuck and works very smooth.

Both the drill [press and the motor have been completely disassembled and every casting, bolt, nut washer and screw has been cleaned and painted or polished where appropriate.

As I said – I’m thinking ahead and I’m getting to an age where I need to move along the things I am not using. I’m asking $275 for the machine and motor but am willing to listen to reasonable offers. I can also help with delivery within a reasonable distanc3 of Winston Salem NC.

Thanks for looking and [please feel free to ask any questions you may have.

R Barnes Overall View.jpgickBarnes Chuck.jpgBarnes Left Side Close.jpgBarnes Motor Data Plate.jpgBarnes Motor.jpgBarnes Right Side.jpgBasrnes Right Side Close.jpg

Attachments

• pictures.jpg
    pictures.jpg
    737.8 KB · Views: 130
Last edited:

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors