SOLD $704.19 1/12/22 - SawStop Professional Cabinet Saw Model CB58230 07359379 5HP 3Phase 230VAC

charlessenf

(;harles
Senior User
Will you look at the rust on this machine! Taxpayers spent significantly on this item, then left it to rust, lost essential parts before offering it for sale to recoup some of our money! There oughta be a law!

The thing is a beast! Replacement Cost? Check the GC School Budget! Watching GovDeals Auctions impresses one with the amount of waste in government where other people spend other peoples' money to purchase items for still other people.

OK, venting helps some. I can't use it without rewiring my One Phase and the bidding is up to:
Industrial Cabinet Saw​
Auction Closed​
High Bidder:​
p******n
Sold Amount:​
$585.00
Tax (7.000000%):​
$46.07​
Buyer's Premium (12.50%):​
$73.12​
Total Price:​
$704.19
1,622 visitors​

1641480242359.png

PS: PM me when its GONE and I'll delete the post. Or, at least edit the title! Applies to anything I post.

Last edited:

Warped Woodwerks

Senior User
WOW..

That is horrible! I don't know about you, but we all know how that blade retraction works... with A LOT of electrical gadgetry. Looking at all of the rust, I'd say that safety system would be in extreme question. I wouldn't trust that saw as well as the safety system. Now, if no one cares about the safety system, then that is ok, but the saw won't run if the safety system doesn't work, and I KNOW what a PITA it is to get the safety system working.

IF anyone is the winning bidder, make sure it runs.

Also. if one doesn't use their own hard earned cash to buy the equipment, they usually could give a rats a$$ about the tool. I'm out in my garage, every day, babying all of my iron...unlike the folk in that ad.

Best of luck..

Traceg

New User
Trace
After seeing those pictures I'm going to need to have my faith in humanity restored. TS neglect of any kind, especially a SawStop, should be a criminal offense!

Oka

Casey
Corporate Member
I kinda want to bid on it. But the shipping costs would be brutal. I can restore this, not sure my wife would want me to though.

....Interesting.....

cyclopentadiene

Update your profile with your name
User
All it takes os a $6 can of Johnson paste wax or $12 spray can of silicone tool surface spray to avoid this! 3 minutes a month to apply these must be too much work.

Warped Woodwerks

Senior User
All it takes os a $6 can of Johnson paste wax or $12 spray can of silicone tool surface spray to avoid this! 3 minutes a month to apply these must be too much work.
But now?? I would recommend new cast iron wings & table. Around $150/wing plus whatever the table top is. Who knows about the electronics, too.

Need a new brake ribbon cable? Enjoy replacing that. I did mine, with the help of another member, and that took 3 hours.

Need to replace the Arbor Block?

Too many possibilities with this water soaked saw.

If anyone wins this, and at a reasonable price.. I wish you luck with restoration.

Very sad how they decided not to take care of this saw.

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
Don't forget that 12.5% Buyer's Premium when you go to pay.........

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
Reminds me of when I was teaching school. One of the junior highs had done away with shop classes. Art class took over shop space, and students were using a PM66 for a table to paint projects on, along with glue ups!

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors