S'more Pens

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimwill48

James
S'more Pens from this weekend 4-Atlas and 2-"Classic" Rollerball. :oops: Sorry for the lousy scan.
Left to right -
"Classic - Canarywood
Atlas - Pecan
Atlas - Purpleheart
Atlas- Black Walnut
Atlas- Tulipwood
"Classic"- Pecan

James

Attachments

• atlas.jpg
    atlas.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 122

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Very nice. I really like the Tulipwood and Canarywood ones. :eusa_clap :eusa_clap What do you think of the Classic Rollerball kit? I have never used that, but I have used the ballpoint double twist, I hate that kit it's so picky and really easy to screw up the twist :BangHead: I wonder if they use the same bushings???

Dave:)

Redfish

New User
Matt Meadows
Very nice indeed!

I am fond of the Americana rollerball. I made my wife one for Christmas, a nice pen. I like the snap cap.

Eaglesc

New User
Eagle
What's oing on with the bottom of the far rigth one?
It looks like there is a ring around the component.
The "picture" really doesn't show enough detail to comment.
Even if I blow up to a larger resolution on my monitor.
Could you scan them individually?
When I click the thumbnail they get smaller.

jimwill48

James
:-( I've re-scanned and hope these look better. Guess I need to set-up for my digital camera for future photo's.

The "Classic" kit is pretty easy to do except for the tendon (removal of wood to brass tube) getting a perfect cut and edge is a pain. Other than that a pretty good kit. I have a couple of more to do and also a couple of Fountain Pens.

James

Attachments

• classic1.jpg
    classic1.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 114
  • atlas1.jpg
    atlas1.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 116

DavidF

New User
David
:-( I've re-scanned and hope these look better. Guess I need to set-up for my digital camera for future photo's.

The "Classic" kit is pretty easy to do except for the tendon (removal of wood to brass tube) getting a perfect cut and edge is a pain. Other than that a pretty good kit. I have a couple of more to do and also a couple of Fountain Pens.

James

I like the "Atlas" kit that's a bit different from the normal models. Where do you get those?

jimwill48

James
I got the Atlas kits from Woodcraft (10 for $3.99 each) this is the same pen as the Polaris.

James

Redfish

New User
Matt Meadows
The Atlas, so far as I can tell, differs from the PSI Polaris only in the very top of the pen-- the knurling is different (the polaris looks a bit more elegant and has two small bands instead of one big one).

That, and the Polaris is available in black titanium, whereas WC only sells black epoxy, 24K and Rhodium. I have a black epoxy Atlas with a dark green flecked celluloid blank that looks great and I use it in one of my seminary classes for taking LOTS of notes (with a Parker Gel refill). Great pen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS