Small Bench - First "Real" Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brad Parsley

New User
Brad
Here's a few pictures of my first "real" project. Primary material was ash (from internetlumber.com) and the strip down the center is cherry.

Stain is minwax early american, although I wish I wouldn't have stained it at all (wife's request). Poly on the top (still a few coats to go). I'll find a picture later pre stain.

Here are the pics

IMG_0947.JPG

Sitting in it's home (entry from garage)
IMG_0948.JPG

Pocket screw joints all around
IMG_0949.JPG

Plenty of lessons learned. First, glue ruins stain. Second, stain ruins nice wood. Third, I like pocket screws. Fourthly (last one), making mistakes means you're learning. Learning means I get to try version 2.0 =)

Brad

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Looks great. I like pocket screws too, and think that stain can ruin just about any good wood other than Oak.

Dave:)

PChristy

New User
Phillip
nice job Brad:icon_thum I like to stain somethings but it depends on what I am doing = nice job on the Cherry center - next time LOYL wants something with Cherry in it stained remind her that over time the Cherry will darken - Try something again out of the same material that you built this out of and clear coat it and see if she will like it

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
I really like it it, Brad!!!!!!!:icon_cheers:icon_thum:icon_thum:icon_thum:icon_cheers

That strip of cherry really makes a unique piece, unique.:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Ash really looks super and the tapered legs adds a real touch of class.

Well done and thanks for the inspiration!

Wayne

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS