Sketchup model of a holdfast

Status
Not open for further replies.

merrill77

Master Scrap Maker
Chris
In case anyone was looking for one. I was surprised to find there was not already a holdfast model in the Sketchup warehouse - anything else I've looked for, there has been at least a few - clamps, hardware, even an entire Woodtek 15" planer. It seemed like it should be easy, so I learned a few new techniques, created one and uploaded it. This is the first model I've submitted to the warehouse. Quick: everyone download it so I can see the download numbers go up :D

The details are on this page
Holdfast by Chris - Google 3D Warehouse
or you can find it by searching the warehouse for 'holdfast'.

Here it is in use:

holdfast.png

CatButler

New User
Bryan
Wow, that's really looks great. How long did it take you to do that? I've tried playing with Sketchup, but nothing about it seems intuitive, but people seem to do great things with so obviously I'm not thinking about it correctly.

merrill77

Master Scrap Maker
Chris
Wow, that's really looks great. How long did it take you to do that?

To make the holdfast model? I'd say 15 to 30 minutes. Searched for tips on making a curved cylinder and then played around with the technique a little. Used the undo button a lot :eek: There are a ton of videos on using Sketchup - that's where I've learned all the hard stuff. It's all pretty simple after watching someone else do it. I've got a LOT of hours under my belt now, after building a full model of my workbench plan 3 times. Wouldn't take so long if I'd stop changing my mind :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS