Sketch Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff

New User
Jeff
Maybe we need a stand alone Sketch Up Forum at NCWW. I see bits and pieces here and there in our existing forums and Dave Richards has responded to those.

If we put them all in one forum we can share our questions and solutions easily. What do you all think? Admins, is it feasible? :confused:

ehpoole

Ethan
Maybe we need a stand alone Sketch Up Forum at NCWW. I see bits and pieces here and there in our existing forums and Dave Richards has responded to those.

If we put them all in one forum we can share our questions and solutions easily. What do you all think? Admins, is it feasible? :confused:

As Ken points out, we opted to go the route of agnosticism with respect to which CAD solutions our members may choose to adopt rather than endorsing any one solution over another.

The truth being that 95% of what one may learn in one CAD solution will carry over cleanly to most any other CAD solution of equal or greater capability. To that end, and especially since traffic levels are still light for these topics, it makes little sense to split things up and risk AutoCAD or TurboCAD (or any other) users missing out on lessons and ideas from SketchUp users and vice-versa as everyone can still learn from one another (an extrusion along a path is still an extrusion along a path no matter the package). The user interfaces, rendering capabilities and pricing between CAD products may vary widely, but the fundamentals and underlying philosophy are pretty well established and common to all.

We are also encouraging our members to discuss topics on CNC, Laser cutting and engraving, and even Replication in this forum as they all exploit the capabilities of CAD/CAM and offer new alternatives and capabilities to their users with regards to woodworking and fabrication.

Dave Richards was kind enough to volunteer as our Forum Leader for this new forum and I know he will be more than happy to help everyone with their SketchUp questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS