Sitka spruce source

Status
Not open for further replies.

gtrboy77

Dean
User
Does anyone know a good source of Sitka spruce other instrument-grade woods for acoustic guitar tops in the South Carolina upstate or lower North Carolina?

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
Have you checked our list of sawyers in the Articles section? It is arranged by region but doesn't really specify specialties unless they were given to us. You might be able to narrow your search some there though by contacting the ones local to you.

JohnW

New User
John
Dean,
West Penn in Conover NC carries instrument grade tone woods. I have not seen top woods there but call and ask. I have not found a local source for tops so will keep an eye on this thread.

Sitka & Engelmann are Pacific coast trees so a lookup of west coast sellers gets you more quality options and competition. Red spruce (Adirondack) is an east cost tree and IMHO, makes the warmest tops of all the spruces. There are a few folks in West Virginia cutting and selling red spruce for instruments. I've lost their web info but a lookup should find something. These folks have a good reputation with other builder I know. I have not used them. www.adirondacktonewood.com/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS