Site Seems To Be Running Faster!

Wiley's Woodworks

Wiley
Corporate Member
I don't think it's my imagination; the site seems to be running faster in the last 2 days. I know Neal has been doing some major repairs/maintenance/ reconfiguring/ troubleshooting/rewriting in the last 2-3 weeks. I think it has paid off. I am trapped with a slow speed internet feed over here in the mountains, so I really appreciate the efforts and time Neal puts into being our webmaster. Looks like his latest work has paid off. Thank you Neal.

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
Yes, another shout-out to Neal for "stepping up" when asked and having an obvious impact on the site usability!

THANKS NEAL!

Wiley's Woodworks

Wiley
Corporate Member
For Neal--Overall the site is responding to commands quicker than it did before August 6, when I started this thread. Some of the things that are quicker are:
  • PM and response icons in the upper right hand corner
  • Intros to postings when you click on the headline
  • Thumbnail photos shown as attachments to postings
  • Clicks on "Latest For Sale Listings"
When a photo is embedded in the body of a posting and thus quite large, this still takes time (several minutes) to download. This may be my local slow speed internet service, or maybe it can still be improved. I'm mentioning this just as an FYI.

Thanks again Neal for your webmaster contributions.

bowman

Board of Directors, Webmaster
Neal
Staff member
Corporate Member
I just got a new Android tablet, and the performance was horrendous. I charged the Chrome setting to use "Desktop site" and thread made a world of difference.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS