Simple - easy to use sketch drafting program?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dorm

New User
Dorm
Is there a simple 2D drafting program out there ones use? Awhile back I'd used AutoSketch, but the program no longer is compatible with my computer. So, what's out there that ones are using for either framing, cabinet or furniture detailing ... again in an X-Y, 2D version?

Carl Fisher

New User
Carl
Sketchup, FreeCAD, AutoDesk Fusion 360 are a few on the short list. They'll all have tutorials that you can follow along with on youtube or the products websites.

If you're doing only 2D work, Inkscape is another option. Although it's a vector graphics package it does pretty good at 2D CAD.

Dave Richards

Dave
Senior User
I'd also suggest looking at SketchUp. (of course) As has been mentioned you can do 2D and 3D or get 2D of your 3D drawings. Or 2D and 3D.

For example, these 2D elevations are made from the same 3D model for the following.

SketchUp has such a huge user base among woodworkers and cabinetmakers that you can easily find assistance in learning how to use it.

Pop Golden

New User
Pop
I just use my board & "T"-square. I've done it that way for over 60 years. Earned my living on the board for many years. Cartography, tax mapping, engineering drafting & commercial art. :)

Pop

Touchwood

New User
Don
I just use my board & "T"-square. I've done it that way for over 60 years. Earned my living on the board for many years. Cartography, tax mapping, engineering drafting & commercial art. :)

Pop

+1 for the board and square!! (even though my career was in microelectronics).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors