Shower replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Warren

Warren
Corporate Member
Recently I ask for feedback on shower problems in my five year old house. Everyone's comments were a big help but I may not do the replacement myself. The suggestion to use HF pneumatic punch helped in removing the tile and floor thinset.
Finally got around to destruction of the old one.:wsad: Plenty of water damage to the floor and curb. Never did conclude how the water leaked. May have been the "folding and nailing" of the liner as none of the nail heads were sealed nor were the folds in the corners.

In any event, I would like some feedback on MAJESTIC TILE AND GLASS. They have two disgruntled customers on the web but no other comments. Their product looks very good, but the web comments caused us to pause.

Does anyone have any recommendations for local contractors that install solid surface material (swanstone, cultured marble, etc.)? Don't need the hassle of tile again. I'm replacing the sub-floor tomorrw and haven't decided my next step Anyone have experience with solid surface material? The receptor looks as if it would be a big step toward eliminating leaking,

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
Warren, instead of the web, I would check with Better Business Bureau. Anyone can "mouth off" on the web without having to present ALL the facts. Majestic has been in business for a long time, and you don't stay in business doing shoddy work. Call Best Tile and ask if they would recommend someone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS