Show me your router fence

Joseph Delfino

JoeDel
User
Joe, I have the Woodpecker Fence. It has performed very well and I would definitely buy it again.
Hey Don, I'm leaning towards the Woodpecker fence. Could you give some details on your setup?
I'm thinking about putting the t-track in now and doing some quick mods to my homebuilt fence that will hold me over for a while and wanted to know the center line spacing. I believe they call for 17"on center? Did you use their t-track? I have a couple of pieces of Rockler and a piece of Powertec laying around I'm hoping to use. The only difference I see in them are the bevels for the recessed screws. The Rockler ones look a little better to me.

Do you have a horizontal t-track slot for feather boards? I might as well add one now since it will be a lot easier doing that now then adding it later.
I'm also wondering about the distance from the router bit to that t-track. I'll be limited there because of the rails for my table saw fence. I'm going to need to be no closer than 6" away and not further then about 10"away which seems too far anyway.

Thanks again to everyone for all the input here, it's been a big help.

drw

Donn
Corporate Member
Hey Don, I'm leaning towards the Woodpecker fence. Could you give some details on your setup?
I'm thinking about putting the t-track in now and doing some quick mods to my homebuilt fence that will hold me over for a while and wanted to know the center line spacing. I believe they call for 17"on center? Did you use their t-track? I have a couple of pieces of Rockler and a piece of Powertec laying around I'm hoping to use. The only difference I see in them are the bevels for the recessed screws. The Rockler ones look a little better to me.

Do you have a horizontal t-track slot for feather boards? I might as well add one now since it will be a lot easier doing that now then adding it later.
I'm also wondering about the distance from the router bit to that t-track. I'll be limited there because of the rails for my table saw fence. I'm going to need to be no closer than 6" away and not further then about 10"away which seems too far anyway.

Thanks again to everyone for all the input here, it's been a big help.
Joe, I am attaching a picture of my router table, I built it about 10 years ago. I used Incra t-track and it is spaced 17" center-to-center. As for the horizontal track, I just measured it at 6.25" from the center of a bit to the center of the track. I have no idea where that measurement came from, but it has worked out well. You will also note that the horizontal track is wider that the fence track as it accommodates the same miter gauges used on my table saw. Hope this helps and good luck!

EC0E0045-6705-49FF-BB7A-4A2FD49BBF6D.jpeg

Joseph Delfino

JoeDel
User
Joe, I am attaching a picture of my router table, I built it about 10 years ago. I used Incra t-track and it is spaced 17" center-to-center. As for the horizontal track, I just measured it at 6.25" from the center of a bit to the center of the track. I have no idea where that measurement came from, but it has worked out well. You will also note that the horizontal track is wider that the fence track as it accommodates the same miter gauges used on my table saw. Hope this helps and good luck!

View attachment 226926
Thanks again Donn.
This is the confirmation I need. I'm going to go ahead in put the t-track in and a horizontal track for feather boards. In my old shop I had a similar set up to yours and I did on occasion use the miter gauge but not that often. I looks to me like those feather boards would work in a t-track at the distance of your miter slot. 6-1/4" is exactly what I have
I am now looking for a good excuse to add the miter bar track also.

Kelly

Kelly
User
I have an extra incra fence for a router table. I bought it on this forum but decided to go another route.
I have all the accessories including right angle guide, book, etc.
I paid $160 and that’s what I would take.
You will not need rails. Just clamp the carrier board onto the table when you need it .

Attachments

• IMG_1173.jpeg
    IMG_1173.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 30
  • IMG_1172.jpeg
    IMG_1172.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 32
  • IMG_1171.jpeg
    IMG_1171.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 29

Joseph Delfino

JoeDel
User
I have an extra incra fence for a router table. I bought it on this forum but decided to go another route.
I have all the accessories including right angle guide, book, etc.
I paid $160 and that’s what I would take.
You will not need rails. Just clamp the carrier board onto the table when you need it .
Thanks for the offer Kelly! Unfortunately for me the Incra takes up to much space both when attached and not attached.
I like a lot of the features the Incra has to offer. I'd go that route if I had more room for a stand alone router setup.

MarkSmithB

Mark
User
Looking for opinions here.
I'm in the process of redoing the extension table on my table saw that I installed a Jessem Mast-R-Lift in and want to upgrade my homemade router fence in the process.
I built a basic router fence when I moved to my current spot with the intention of upgrading when I built a new extension table which was a little beat up. That time is here now. I've replaced the extension table and now I'm trying to decide on what I want to do for a router fence.
I'm seriously considering the Woodpeckers Super Fence but want to get some others input on what you use and like or dislike about your setup.
I previously had a dedicated router table with a home made fence that worked well but I'm limited on space in my new spot. Plus I no longer have a jointer so jointing smaller pieces is something I'm looking into.
I do like gadgets so there is that.
I want something that can be removed when I'm not using it, which I think puts the Incra Precision fence out of the equation but I'm still looking into that.

So I'm hoping to see what you've built or bought that might help me decide.
I have a homemade fence attached to the table saw fence and in the wing of the table saw. I made a video of my router fence, so you can see as many details as you want.

Happy to field additional questions.
Mark

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors