Shop Move to Florida

Status
Not open for further replies.

WoodWrangler

New User
Jeremy
Well, last weekend was the "big weekend" for the shop move. With the help of many NCWW friends and a few others, we were able to get the shop loaded up without too much hassle. That was on Friday, then the following Saturday a buddy of mine and I made the drive down to Florida. That was luckily uneventful ... until we the final parking, when I got the truck stuck in a ditch. Some redneck ingenuity and a little luck and the stuck 10,000+ lbs of truck & tools was unlodged. The following morning some of my family and friends showed up to unload into a buddies shop for storage. It may be a while before I get shop set up again ...

THANK YOU FOR THOSE THAT WENT OUT OF THEIR WAY TO HELP ME!:thumbs_up:thumbs_up:thumbs_up:thumbs_up

Some pictures of this journey ...

Preparing the shop for the big move.
move1.jpg

View image in gallery

Some muscle to get the beast up the ramp and onto the truck ...

Some smarts to get things loaded the "right" way!

Things are getting empty ...

Only half way there ...

My buddy Kevin flew up from Florida and drove back with me ... and even shared some of the driving!

When we got there, I backed right into the soft ditch and got the truck stuck.

Finally got it to the new shop where the tools will be stored

Storing the lumber on the loft
IMG_7240.JPG

View image in gallery

Friends and family helped unload

Packing up the corner of the shop with my tools

Glennbear

Glenn
I am glad things went well Jeremy, having all that help was great!!! :icon_thum Seeing this thread caused some memories to surface. When I made the move from NJ to VA I had to utilize temporary storage in NJ after the house was sold and also in VA until the shop was built. :eusa_doh: The day we moved things into storage in VA it was pouring rain and I managed to get the edge of the truck jammed up against a guard pole at the storage facility.:confused_ Eventually we got the job done. :wsmile:

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Congrats on a successful shop move Jeremy. Having gone through one not too long ago (also with LOTS of help from NC WW'ers as well), I can appreciate the effort. Now you get to cuss and rant for the next 3 months because you can't find stuff :)

So the new shop, is it bigger?

WoodWrangler

New User
Jeremy
So the new shop, is it bigger?

Dunno yet. :eek: We have not bought a house down there yet and our life is still in limbo. We still need to sell our house here in Charlotte, and my wife and I are still interviewing with companies down there. Hopefully the jobs will become more clear in the next month, or so.

The plan though is to get a house with a large garage (3 bay or larger), or a house cheap enough that I can afford to build a shop with cash. We will see ...

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Jeremy,

I'm glad that you all and your tools made it down there safely. I know that things are uncertain for you right now, but everything will unfold in the order it was intended to and I bet you'll be making sawdust again in no time. :icon_thum

timf67

New User
Tim
Sorry I missed all of the fun! Just couldn't risk bringing the boys since they would have been more of a hindrance! Glad it went well!

Mt. Gomer

New User
Travis
Congrats on the successful move and best of luck on the rest! I've spent some time in limbo myself over the years, I have great confidence it will all work out for the best.

Travis

Nutball

New User
Paul
Glad the move has gone well to this point, Jeremy - hope you get the space to get the shop up and running again soon.

Sorry I couldn't make it over to help load the truck, but I got held up at work a bit and figured there wasn't much point heading over there after 6:00.

Good luck with the job and home search in Florida.

Paul

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors