Shop Floor Mat / Tile Suggestions?

JRedding

John
Corporate Member
Looking for some interlocking floor tiles that can be placed on concrete slab to absorb some shock and make more comfortable when standing at the lathe, bench, etc. See some are foam, some are rubber, etc., and trying to figure out which will hold up and work. Machines won’t be placed on them, and appreciate any suggestions or thoughts.

Thanks,
John

rcarmac

Board of Directors, Secretary
Robert
Staff member
Corporate Member
I have a few of those Harbor Freight ones too. They are light but do the job

Warren

Warren
Corporate Member
Check out "stall liners" at Tractor Supply. I have them by my lathe and my feet appreciate them.

cliff56

cliff
Corporate Member
I have used thr HFones with good results, also got some mats from Walmart that have worked well for the lathe. Looked at the stall mats good but expensive and heavy.

JRedding

John
Corporate Member
Thanks for all the input. After looking at prices and use, decided to try the HF ones - $10 for 16 sq ft is about as cheap as it gets. They seem like they‘ll be comfortable, so now to see how they hold up.

Charlie

Charlie
Corporate Member
Thanks for all the input. After looking at prices and use, decided to try the HF ones - $10 for 16 sq ft is about as cheap as it gets. They seem like they‘ll be comfortable, so now to see how they hold up.
John, What you saw on my shop floor is HF. I'm showing some wear in high use areas, but they are 10 plus years old.

Rwe2156

DrBob
Senior User
I've been using the interlocking square exercise matts Sam's carries. The last FOREVER!! Cheapest way to go I know of. I've got them strewn all over the shop.

Rushton

Rush
Senior User
For our community woodworking shop, we installed these 8mm Strong Rubber Tiles from Rubber Flooring, Inc. We've had them installed for two years now and they have been perfect for our needs. The interlock tiles stay connected, the mats are very dense but provide great cushioning over the concrete floor. Rolling tools (including 400lb jointer) roll easily across them.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors