Shaper Origin + workstation

Echd

C
User
Those things are really cool, but I feel like the necessary accessories like the locating tape and such are asking for trouble down the road when newer versions come out or a competitor beats them at their own game and they fall by the wayside.

tri4sale

Daniel
Corporate Member
Those things are really cool, but I feel like the necessary accessories like the locating tape and such are asking for trouble down the road when newer versions come out or a competitor beats them at their own game and they fall by the wayside.
Agreed, unless I can print my own locating tape then I'd rather not be stuck with a paperweight if they fold or change something down the line.

chris_goris

Chris
Senior User
I dont know Daniel, I dont see any comparison between the two. that handibot looks like a toy compared to the capabilities of the Origin.

tri4sale

Daniel
Corporate Member
I dont know Daniel, I dont see any comparison between the two. that handibot looks like a toy compared to the capabilities of the Origin.

Having played with both, I'd say its the other way around. Now SB didn't do itself any favors with the blue / yellow color scheme cause it does look like a toy :)

But truthfully most people would be much better served with a traditional CNC vs either of the portable CNC designs.

tri4sale

Daniel
Corporate Member
Maybe so, but the Origin has no envelope size restrictions, unlike that other obvious toy.
With proper jigging it has no restrictions, and actually has superior 3D carving capabilities. The origin will wear you out on your knees pushing it around, hoping you don't slip and mess up the material, cause there is no way it retracts that spinning bit fast enough to not cut where you don't want it to cut.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS