Selling out...

Status
Not open for further replies.

gemorris

New User
Glenwood
Personally I liked them without the stain. I think a clear finish on quality wood speaks more of the work and materials that go into the piece. Stains are a way bad wood is passed off as "ok" by mass manufacturers and importers. I am not anti-stain, but I think if you are going to bother using good wood, you should show it (especially the tops).

I would say this. I will never ever ever sell a piece of furniture (this goes double for chairs) without being incorporated and carrying insurance. Period. Ever. Period (again).

If you sell a piece and someone "gets hurt" (and it will always be in a way you said "well that could never happen/be my fault") you WILL get sued (murphy's law) and if you don't have the liability protection of a corporation or LLC, you are screwed for life. Insurance will protect you to a point, but when it comes down to not living the rest of your life with garnished wages, I say you need to incorporate.

This isn't doom and gloom, it is pragmatism. And incorporation is not all that expensive. Added benefit is that your hobby becomes tax deductible.

BTW, I like the modern style, nice to see something besides reproductions / arts&crafts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS