Search Engine Optimization

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
I have started to enable the Search Engine optimization features on this site. One of the things that you may notice is that links to forums threads, etc haved changed. This may break some of our links. Also, some "First Unread" Links may be temporarily broken, but they will fix thenselves after the next post in that thread.

Another aspect is that certain acronyms will be automatically expanded when the page is read. This increases our keyword content.

More of these may be added when I notice some more. If you notice some that should be added or some that should be removed, please let me know

DaveO

New User
DaveO
I don't know if this has anything to do with what you are doing. When I click on a link sent to me via e-mail as a new post notification, I get "page not found". This just started happening this afternoon.
Dave:)

DavidF

New User
David
SteveColes said:
Another aspect is that certain acronyms will be automatically expanded when the page is read. This increases our keyword content.

More of these may be added when I notice some more. If you notice some that should be added or some that should be removed, please let me know

Do you mean the TS, BS (table saw, Band saw) type acronyms?

Should we be writing them fully?

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Steve, never mind I don't seem to be having the problem that I was having earlier with the most recent notifications.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
DavidF said:
Do you mean the tablesaw, bandsaw (table saw, Band saw) type acronyms?

Should we be writing them fully?

It looks like the program is going to do it automatically. Here's a test - the acronym for tablesaw is TS.

That's cool, I wonder if it will do ROTFLMAO

DavidF

New User
David
Wow - spooky!! Only prob (sorry, problem) is that we all need to use the same Sc's (short cuts);-)

DavidF

New User
David
DaveO said:
It looks like the program is going to do it automatically. Here's a test - the acronym for tablesaw is tablesaw.

That's cool, I wonder if it will do ROTFLMAO

Cool, it even fixed my quote in DaveO's post.

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
DaveO said:
I don't know if this has anything to do with what you are doing. When I click on a link sent to me via e-mail as a new post notification, I get "page not found". This just started happening this afternoon.

Yeap, that'll do it. Should stop with later notifications

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
DavidF said:
Wow - spooky!! Only prob (sorry, problem) is that we all need to use the same Sc's (short cuts);-)

Don't worry, when we find ones that need to be expaned I'll add them. It's very easy. BTW, LOML will remain LOML. I don't think we need google indexing on that.:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS