Saying Hello from Gold Hill NC

MAXIOM

New User
WAYNE
Hi everyone. My name is Wayne Wagoner and I really love working with wood. I started out with being attracted with the lathe and very quickly got to making bowls and vases and some segmented stuff. i enjoy getting lost in a good lathe project. I see that people make pens like this, so I bought all the stuff to make a few pens. Not too far after that, I found I was interested in the larger projects a lot more. So, I made some outdoor furniture and actually sold some of that. I then became interested in cnc machines. Didn't know a thing about cnc or any of the many programs out there to work it. I went and purchased the Axiom Elite, the 24"x48" and Aspire to go with it. So, over the last year I've put Eons of hours into learning aspire 11.5. I started out with making 3d projects instead of signs, which I also enjoy making. I went ahead and got the 4th axis kit and the laser when I got the machine. I wanted to have everything i might would need. I learned when I first started messing with woodwork that having not only the right tool, but a good quality tool is necessary to achieve the fine woodwork I look forward to being able to make.
Going back a few years I got hurt at work and ended up having to have two neck surgeries about a year apart. Afterwards I kept having my muscles to kind of jump sporadically and to lock up in painful positions. So long story short, I received a small settlement. I am not the type to sit and do nothing while my wife goes to work at all. With that I decided I needed to be able to do something to make an income while at my own pace. That's the main reason I loaded my shop up with quality tools and sat in front of a tv screen for a whole lot of hours to learn to run this machine. My wife says I've gotten pretty good at it so I gotta take her word for it. my goal now is to figure out my niche and to be able to have a profitable shop.
Outside of my time in the shop, I have Two wonderful daughters in the eleventh grade right now that keep me going as much as they think they can get away with. I have a 22 year old daughter that is back at home, long story, and I am helping her get back and forth to work every day except Sundays. Shes come a long way and we are proud of her. We also have a 21 year old that's out on his own and he is a great kid too. My wife works as a cna at the hospital, and she really is a good worker. She has been nominated for cna of the year this year. We have been married for fourteen years and we are looking forward to many more.
As you can see, I got my hands pretty full right now. I don't get as many full days doing what I love in the shop as I would like to get. There is sooo much to learn, and I eat it up like big mac when I'm in my shop. I'm hoping by joining this forum that I can get to know some other like-minded people that love to work with wood and learn new stuff. This also opens up a way to possibly get some great deals on materials I have seen by exploring the site. In return I may have some knowledge to help someone else out along the way. well, that's me and mine in a nutshell. I look forward to getting to know some of you folks and to hopefully make some new friends.

Michael Mathews

Michael
Corporate Member
Welcome Wayne! Please introduce yourself if you happen to be coming to the picnic in a couple weeks! And if you haven't already done so, be sure to spring for some raffle tickets! There are some incredible prizes available! Speaking of tickets, it's time for me to buy more :)

Hopefully we'll see you at the picnic!

MAXIOM

New User
WAYNE
Hi everyone. My name is Wayne Wagoner and I really love working with wood. I started out with being attracted with the lathe and very quickly got to making bowls and vases and some segmented stuff. i enjoy getting lost in a good lathe project. I see that people make pens like this, so I bought all the stuff to make a few pens. Not too far after that, I found I was interested in the larger projects a lot more. So, I made some outdoor furniture and actually sold some of that. I then became interested in cnc machines. Didn't know a thing about cnc or any of the many programs out there to work it. I went and purchased the Axiom Elite, the 24"x48" and Aspire to go with it. So, over the last year I've put Eons of hours into learning aspire 11.5. I started out with making 3d projects instead of signs, which I also enjoy making. I went ahead and got the 4th axis kit and the laser when I got the machine. I wanted to have everything i might would need. I learned when I first started messing with woodwork that having not only the right tool, but a good quality tool is necessary to achieve the fine woodwork I look forward to being able to make.
Going back a few years I got hurt at work and ended up having to have two neck surgeries about a year apart. Afterwards I kept having my muscles to kind of jump sporadically and to lock up in painful positions. So long story short, I received a small settlement. I am not the type to sit and do nothing while my wife goes to work at all. With that I decided I needed to be able to do something to make an income while at my own pace. That's the main reason I loaded my shop up with quality tools and sat in front of a tv screen for a whole lot of hours to learn to run this machine. My wife says I've gotten pretty good at it so I gotta take her word for it. my goal now is to figure out my niche and to be able to have a profitable shop.
Outside of my time in the shop, I have Two wonderful daughters in the eleventh grade right now that keep me going as much as they think they can get away with. I have a 22 year old daughter that is back at home, long story, and I am helping her get back and forth to work every day except Sundays. Shes come a long way and we are proud of her. We also have a 21 year old that's out on his own and he is a great kid too. My wife works as a cna at the hospital, and she really is a good worker. She has been nominated for cna of the year this year. We have been married for fourteen years and we are looking forward to many more.
As you can see, I got my hands pretty full right now. I don't get as many full days doing what I love in the shop as I would like to get. There is sooo much to learn, and I eat it up like big mac when I'm in my shop. I'm hoping by joining this forum that I can get to know some other like-minded people that love to work with wood and learn new stuff. This also opens up a way to possibly get some great deals on materials I have seen by exploring the site. In return I may have some knowledge to help someone else out along the way. well, that's me and mine in a nutshell. I look forward to getting to know some of you folks and to hopefully make some new friends.
Hey just wanted to thank everyone for the warm welcome. I truly look forward to utilizing all the resources this forum provides. You all seem like a great group of people. Again thanks.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS