Sawstop Industrial

cyclopentadiene

Update your profile with your name
User
Liquidation Station in Burlington NC has a Sawstop Industrial saw for sale at $1800. It is not in stellar condition as the top for the 52" extension wing is missing and the back rail is missing. It has minor surface rust and there is a very minor delamination of the fence. Everything else looks to be there. This saw retails for over $4000 so it looks like a great deal as long as it is functioning. I think this model has a 5 HP motor.
Liquidation station is one of those bin digger type stores that have popped up over the past several months. It is beside Grandaddys Antiques store near the Old BMOC area.
There are two other pieces of equipment that I have never seen, a Blum hinge borer and anther larger piece that I have no clue what it does. I think they have a web site so these may be posted.

jlimey

Jeff
Corporate Member
Hi,

I stopped by to take a look at this saw and thought that I would add my impressions in case they might influence your decision to take a look yourself.

It is 3 phase and hasn't been babied in its life - or at least since taken out of use. As was mentioned, there is surface rust and probably not a way to plug it in to check the electronics. If it was only the phases issue, I might have considered it. But since I have a fully capable cabinet saw, I am most interested in moving to a Sawstop for the safety features. Without a way for me to check that out, I am not too interested.

Warped Woodwerks

Senior User
Hi,

I stopped by to take a look at this saw and thought that I would add my impressions in case they might influence your decision to take a look yourself.

It is 3 phase and hasn't been babied in its life - or at least since taken out of use. As was mentioned, there is surface rust and probably not a way to plug it in to check the electronics. If it was only the phases issue, I might have considered it. But since I have a fully capable cabinet saw, I am most interested in moving to a Sawstop for the safety features. Without a way for me to check that out, I am not too interested.

Jeff,

If you haven't already read my post, regarding my SawStop, please do.

Thankfully, after my experience, I am receiving a brand new SS. Haven't received it, yet, so I am not sure what I am going to do when I receive the replacement. The safety system, from the sound of it, seems to be phenomenal technology, but....

Let me know what you think, about wanting a SS, once you read my post.

Thanks.

cyclopentadiene

Update your profile with your name
User
I have had my saw for over 5 years and have experienced no issues. My saw is the professional version.
I have been considering purchasing the sliding table as an upgrade but the $1199 price makes me hesitate.
i did not look at theone in the store in that much detail. I wondered why the cord had a box attached. I agree with Jlimey, the unit had been abused.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors