Saw tune-up for $

Ralrick

New User
Rick
A person from work is looking to find someone to tune an old Delta/Milwaukee table saw and jointer combination machine. Her Dad was a contractor that used the machine for many years and he has now passed. She is looking for someone to tune the machine to working condition and potentially providing some instructions for safely using the machine for her college age son that is showing interest in woodworking. She is located in North Raleigh area near Leesville Road / 540.

If you're interested in helping, please let me know and I will connect you with her directly to work out timing and pay. I would imagine this will need to be a per hour rate as it will be impossible for her to know how much effort will be required but she did say her Dad did use the machine on a very regular basis until he got sick a few years ago (I think 8 years ago). She is not looking for restoring the machine, just getting it operational and working.

Here is picture of the machine model/type:
1695674916614.png

bob vaughan

Bob Vaughan
Senior User
Sorry I'm not closer. I've rebuilt a many of those table saws, jointers, and motors over the decades. The machines are over 60 years old so that's a lot of years of use. The term 'tune-up' sort of implies turning a few screws and tightening a few bolts. Its often not that simple. Replacing broken parts can be a problem.
OWWM.org should have some info on those machines.
Jointer: search 654 (use a space in front of the 654). Its also called a 37-207
Table saw: search 1160 tilty
Motor search 84-910 motor (I think that's right)

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS