Saturdays sawing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ivey

New User
Ivey
Hello everyone,
Got to saw some more of my own logs yesterday. Sawed a couple of w/ash logs, first time that I have ever sawn any ash, looks like oak. Also sawed some pretty r/oak.
Oh, and I also got some work done on the shed that I'm building on the side of the saw barn.
BTW all of this lumber is for sale.:-D

Attachments

• mill pic 025.jpg
    mill pic 025.jpg
    198.8 KB · Views: 160
  • mill pic 027.jpg
    mill pic 027.jpg
    191.4 KB · Views: 161
  • mill pic 024.jpg
    mill pic 024.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 186
  • mill pic 022.jpg
    mill pic 022.jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 168

Splinter

New User
Dolan Brown
Looks like you had a very productive day Ivey. And you are getting a nice selection of wood onhand.

Ivey

New User
Ivey
Yes Dolan, things went well Saturday. Trying to get cover over the sawmill, and have room for air drying. Not going to stack good lumber out from under cover anymore. I tried that it does not work for me.
Yes, I am getting a pretty good stack. Trying to get a little of everything that I can get my hands on that looks good.
Come see me sometimes, you can give me some insight on how to look at a board from a craftsman point of view,:-D may even give you some to try out...
Ivey

Ivey

New User
Ivey
Just thought that I would add a couple more pictures.

If anyone if interested
red/oak 5/4 (green) $1 b/f
ash 5/4 (green) $ 1 b/f
alot of fas here..

Attachments

• mill pic 018.jpg
    mill pic 018.jpg
    133.9 KB · Views: 162
  • mill pic 023.jpg
    mill pic 023.jpg
    120.3 KB · Views: 174
  • mill pic 019.jpg
    mill pic 019.jpg
    122.6 KB · Views: 192
J

jeff...

Really nice looking FS lumber Ivey, I'm sure you wont have any problems getting rid of it.

Ivey

New User
Ivey
Thanks Jeff, does not seem to be any interest at this time.
I love the looks of pretty wood. Thats why I enjoy sawing, Its just like opening a gift thats all wraped up you just never know whats gonna be inside.:-D I wish that I had the skills, and equipment that some folks had, then I would just keep it all.....

J

jeff...

Ivey, I suspect there will be a time shortly, where you wished you had a little time to breath. You got a nice setup just keep plugging along, once the word gets out you'll stay as busy as you want to stay. I would consider this a good time to plan and build just like your doing. I'm sure you'll pick up a few folks from this site once they see all that great lumber you got :icon_thum.

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
yup, I've been looking at the purdy wood, and looking into the empty wallet, too! There will come a time I will relieve the burden of having to store so much wood:eusa_danc it's just not now :(

Ivey

New User
Ivey
So, you are saying that if I build it, they will come:roll: :roll:
I don't mind stacking it up, it only gets better the drier it is. I just worry that I may not have the thickness that someone might want. I have been sawing most of the hardwoods at 5/4, pine well thats a different story:-D

Got two more loads coming in next week.. I'd better get busy:-D

Splinter

New User
Dolan Brown
Yes Dolan, things went well Saturday. Trying to get cover over the sawmill, and have room for air drying. Not going to stack good lumber out from under cover anymore. I tried that it does not work for me.
Yes, I am getting a pretty good stack. Trying to get a little of everything that I can get my hands on that looks good.
Come see me sometimes, you can give me some insight on how to look at a board from a craftsman point of view,:-D may even give you some to try out...
Ivey

Thanks for the offer, I'll stop by sometime (I'll contact you first) but I'm not sure my wookworking skills qualify me as a "craftsman" :lol: :lol: but I do like to cut up a piece of wood occassionally.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS