Ryobi 10" sliding miter saw (TSS100L)

Status
Not open for further replies.

merrill77

Master Scrap Maker
Chris
Anyone have one? Likes? Dislikes?

I've been wanting a slider for quick cut-offs in the shop, but the $500 price tag commanded by the Hitachi/PC/Dewalt is a little too much for the convenience. I looked at the Ryobi briefly at HD today ($200). The arm deflection seemed about the same as all the others -- so I'm guessing the accuracy on 90deg cuts should be as good as the others.

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
I would be interested in the response to this thread also. My 10" non slider is limited in what it can do and a little more board width capability would be nice, but not at $400 to $500 dollars.

jimwill48

James
Ridgid has a nice one for $349.00 right now, seems to get pretty good reports. I was looking at them and they do seem solid and tight.

James

WoodWrangler

Jeremy
Senior User
Ridgid has a nice one for $349.00 right now, seems to get pretty good reports. I was looking at them and they do seem solid and tight.

James

I was about to say the same ... the Ridgid one looks very nice and is built well from what I could tell ... yeah, I looked at it this weekend! :rotflm:

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
I used to have a Ryobi way way back. It was an 8" jobber though. The locking mechanism was a bit weak and the zero clearance insert was not replaceable. Those two items along with the flex you mention would be my biggest concerns before buying this unit.

merrill77

Master Scrap Maker
Chris
Those two items along with the flex you mention would be my biggest concerns before buying this unit.

Thanks for the feedback.

The deflection I mentioned is the ability to move the blade ~1/16" to the left and right by wiggling the handle when the blade and slider are fully extended. I've seen the same level of deflection in every other saw I've tested - up to the top-of-the-line Dewalt/Hitachi/Bosch/PC models. It's the main reason I hesitate to buy one. If it isn't highly accurate for 90deg straight cuts, it's useless to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS