Router Cabinet

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Crews

New User
Paul Crews
I got tired of my small benchtop router table so I decided a few weeks ago to make a router cabinet. I got the plans from a book I've had "Building Woodshop Workstations". The plans were easy to follow and the whole cabinet was right easy to build. I now have lots of bit storage (guess that means more bits), 3 large drawers for other storage, and best of all a fully adjustable fence. Hopefully I'll get lots of use from it.

Paul

Attachments

• Router Cabinet complete.JPG
    Router Cabinet complete.JPG
    127 KB · Views: 144

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Paul, you'll love it. I upgraded from a Vermont American router table set-up to a shop built one :eusa_danc I use my router much more than I used to, because it works so well. Plus the storage will come in handy when you clear out the WC $5 router bit selection :-D
Nice job, it's good to make a tool :icon_thum

Dave:)

M

McRabbet

Nice job and deserves a hearty YOU SUCK!. I love my RT and find it is one of the key tools in my shop, especially since I bought a good 3-1/2 HP variable speed router for it (Milwaukee 5625).

Rob

erasmussen

RAS
Corporate Member
Very well built.
I know you will enjoy that:icon_thum
The one I built is not near as fancy as that, but with the large table and the new pc690 I have found it 1000% better then what I had before.

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
You are definitely going to love using that. BTW, I have that same book. I have made several things out of it myself.

NZAPP1

New User
Nick
Nice work on the router table :icon_thum I am going to build one into my table saw extension

P Crews

New User
Paul Crews
I plan on putting it to use tomorrow. If nothing else I'll make a bunch of test cuts to see what all I can do.

There's a 90 degree pvc elbow attached to the back of the fence that I'll hook my shopvac up to for dust collection.

Paul

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS