Router box joint jig w/pics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kicbak

New User
Wes
I've been meaning to built a box joint jig for some time. I don't have a table saw so I needed to make it for the router table. I wanted quick setup and the ability to make different sized keys. Guide bushings make it quick and easy to set up every time. I made multiple key plates to fit on top of the bushing plate. This one has taken some different concepts from jigs I've seen. But I haven't see one that uses a single base plate and multiple key plates.

IMG_6554.JPG

Here is a close up of my 3/4" key plate, bushing and bit.
IMG_6555.JPG

The t-bolts and handles to clamp the key plate into place. There is a little play side to side. By moving it slightly I can get a perfect fit.
IMG_6560.JPG

Here is the bushing plate. I used a 1" bit and the guide bushing fits perfectly.
IMG_6556.JPG

Outside cuts was the first run. They didn't fit well but the next ones after a tiny, tiny adjustment came out great.
IMG_6557.JPG

Next I want to make a dovetailing key plate so I can edge joint boards with dovetail bits.

I didn't take any pictures during the build so I don't have a how-to for this. But if you have questions about how to built these, let me know. Or any other comments for that matter.

Wes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS