Rough cypress

Status
Not open for further replies.

lwhughes149

New User
Lorraine
Can anyone tell me my best source of rough 6/4 cypress. I am located off 85 just below the Virginia line. I am looking at my first commission.

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
Depends on what you are willing to pay, where you are willing to travel and if you can take green.

Ivey (member here) seems to saw a lot of cypress, but it isn't dried so you would need time to air dry it.

Same thing goes for saw4you. I believe he is in youngsville.

Then you have the hardwoodstore in Gibsonville. I belive they have it. Don't remember the web site link.

Lastly, you have steve wall in Mayodan (northwest of Greensboro). website is www.walllumber.com

lwhughes149

New User
Lorraine
I can possibly get the cypress close to Roanoke Rapids but it comes from a large sawmill and he would be doing me a favor. Big place, busy man. I was just hoping there might be someplace within 1 1/2 hours drive. Thanks

CarvedTones

Board of Directors, Vice President
Andy
I got some off of 64 east of Raleigh a few years back. I was referred there by a local eBay seller (NC Wood) who sells a lot of specialty stuff (turning blanks and whatnot). He is still active, so I queried him again. I am not sure if this is the same sawyer, but the area code is right:

Call Tim Moore at (252) 299-1432

You will have to take my recommendation with a grain of salt since I am not positive it is the same guy, but I was treated almost too well. My trailer was rated high enough for the amount I was buying but was overloaded with what I got. He didn't count a bunch of boards that had minor defects or were heavy (it was air dried, but outside covered by sheets of corrugated roofing; I had to pick through to find the immediately usable stuff). But call to find out where he is and what the wood conditions (wet/dry) and price is. The wood I got was all clear, BTW.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS