RotoZip

Status
Not open for further replies.

mike_wood

Update your profile with your name
User
I was given one as a present several years ago - I used it once to cut a hole in drywall for a cable outlet. I forget I have it.

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
my Ryobi multitool thing has stayed in the bottom of my tool box for the last several years, I think the last time I pulled it out was to sharpen my lawnmower blade.

R

rickc

I had a rotozip at one time as well. Really impressed by the projects that could be done as shown at an in-store demonstration. Got mine - first time I was surprised how much that little sucker wanted to run in the stock! My straight lines were not unless I used a guide. :-( It ended up yard sale material.

I do have the Craftsman version of the Dremmel - it sits quite a bit, but was very handy to use the cutting disks to clean out tile grout! It is an option for for some detail work. Could I live without it? Most definitely. Would I buy one again? Guess it would depend upon whether or not I had a specific application for which there was no other realistic option.

Bernhard

Bernhard
User
had similar experience. I bought a Rotozip kit when I was installing drywall in my house. It is a POS to say it mildly. The dust of the drywall ate up the bearing after 3 cuts! Was replaced under warranty. Second Rotozip didn't do much better. Dust gets in the switch and bearing. I had to partially diaassemble and blow out the switch housing and bearing surface with compressed air at least 2x per day. It seemd to do better with hard materials. Worked ok for travertine stone tiles.
All in all not very useful, the ads are very misleading.
..just my opinion.
Bernhard

Ray Martin

New User
Ray
Ditto, almost :)
I've got the Dremel with zillions of attachments/bits. I only use it to sharpen chain saw :lol:

Roger

I've got the Dremel too... loads of bits... I think the battery died about a year ago... haven't felt the need to replace it yet. As far as chain saws go... I think a round file works just as well

Ray

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS