Rollin,Rollin,Rollin

Status
Not open for further replies.

The WoodButcher

New User
The WoodButcher
Well, I finally got my mill mobile. :eusa_clap Pulls Great.
roadready.jpg
http://www.ncwoodworker.net/pp/data/500/roadready.jpg

WoodWrangler

Jeremy
Senior User
Lookin' good ... I might have to call you up to see what you'd charge to slice up a tree for me in Charlotte!

J

jeff...

That's one good looking, clean mill you got there. Mine gets cleaned every time it goes down the hi-way @ 65 + MPH, which ain't that often. It's real pita to level, but every thing else it pretty easy. How long does it take to set yours up once you get where your going? I don't see any legs on yours, does it need to sit up on blocks? That would be a pain to have to carry big blocks around. I'm thinking about upgrading the legs on mine, so it will be quicker to level.

Thanks

The WoodButcher

New User
The WoodButcher
:) I would say it takes about an hour to get the wheels off and get the mill level.The wheel axles pin with hitch pins (Tube in Tube) and slide right out, then you let it down to the ground and level it up. Then your ready to saw. :eusa_danc

The WoodButcher

New User
The WoodButcher
Lookin' good ... I might have to call you up to see what you'd charge to slice up a tree for me in Charlotte!
Call anytime, gotojeremy. What do you have to saw? Hard or soft? Not that it matters:lol: But Give me a call we can work something out.
980-721-7954

J

jeff...

Interesting, the wheels come off and it sits on the ground? That would make loading logs pretty easy with a cant hook or two, wouldn't it? Who's the manufacturer and model number, I would like to read up on it - sound pretty cool.

Thanks

J

jeff...

Must admit I know nothing about Norwoods, but it seems like your very happy with your mill and that says a lot.

Thanks for sharing information.

J

jeff...

Yeah it's a wood mizer LT40G28, came with mill monkeys :lol:.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    163.9 KB · Views: 121
J

jeff...

Looks like your is already grown up :icon_thum

I've been kinda thinking about HUSQVARNA 3120XP, a 5 or 6' bar, some rip chain and a home made alaskan mill head for log halving and quartering. I like the idea of the set up being so portable. There's a lot of logs I have to pass up because there to big for my mill, especially oak which is great for QS'ing. There's always something, bigger and better isn't there?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS