Robust American Beauty Lathe for sale on Winston Salem FB MP

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
Not sure it is a "deal", but boy oh boy does it look good!
Not sure if it is one of us? (Jason Foster)

Long bed. 3hp motor. Tilt away with gas shock. Caster kit. Originally $11,500. Includes over 2k worth of tools and diamond disk for sharpening tools. Too much to list.
1706058943772.png

1706058983538.png

Dee2

Board of Directors, Vice President
Gene
Staff member
Corporate Member
So have the two Stubbys for sale on that forum.

As my Mother used to say, “The older you get the more you want the less your wants will hurt you.”

Ed Fasano

Ed
Senior User
It's still listed. I suppose that at 10k it might represent some savings over a new purchase, but even my over-developed and often problematic powers of rationalization wouldn't allow me to put that much into a lathe unless I hit the lottery. Recalling that we play the lottery once a year at best, the lottery plan seems flawed. It looks as if I’ll keep turning on what I have.

SabertoothBunny

SabertoothBunny
Corporate Member
Looking at that listing now, this is a decent deal overall but $10k with all of the extra items but not anything I would personally rush out to get. Having everything but the lathe I would look at a new lathe for the price asked but for someone wanting a high end set starting it this would be worth it.

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
Looking at that listing now, this is a decent deal overall but $10k with all of the extra items but not anything I would personally rush out to get. Having everything but the lathe I would look at a new lathe for the price asked but for someone wanting a high end set starting it this would be worth it.
Agreed, while I don't see it as a "Deal" someone that was looking for an American Beauty, might find this "A deal" for him or her...

I was actually more curious if it was a member that was selling...

JRedding

John
Corporate Member
I have the American Beauty with the 3 hp but the regular bed and love it. Agree that at $10K I wouldn’t be rushing out to buy it used - new wasn’t much more.

wndopdlr

wally
Senior User
Keep in mind that this includes a Rikon grinder with 2 CBN wheels, what looks like a robohippie tool rest and a caster kit. I paid over 11K for my AB which did not include the caster kit, and there is value to the extras. If it is well cared for, it may not be too far off the mark.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS