Ridgid DP... looking for your input.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
It's a good drill press, I had it before I upgraded during the Sears 17" Special. This definitely appears to be the older model, but let's face it, there hasn't been much innovation in the last 40 years when it comes to drill presses :) So don't let that be a deterrent. If it's in good condition, $150 is a fair price. I'd go look at it, make sure it doesn't have any rust deeper than the surface, that it runs well at different speeds, table moves up and down without issues, and changing the belt on the pulleys is easy. All pretty obvious things.

Can you do better? You may find an older, more solid machine for less that could be a better mousetrap, but it would likely take some restoration effort, and maybe some investment in parts.

sawduster

New User
Robert
From best I can tell from the sideways pic it is the same or similar to the one I got from Bas ( mentioned in his post ) mine is a nice solid machine and in my non-expert opinion, would be a good deal if it is in decent shape
MTCW

NH2NC

New User
Eric
Thanks guys!
I just heard back from the CL poster that someone else beat me to it. He said he'd get back to me if the person was a no show.

If it's meant to be...it's meant to be.

DIYGUY

New User
Mark
One thing to keep in mind with Ridgid tools is that the older ones (manufactured by Emerson Electric) carried a Lifetime Warranty. No - that is not your lifetime! I have several Ridgid tools from that era and without exception enjoy them all. I do have the older drill press and it performs well for my hobby use. It was an upgrade from a bench model Delta and I have to say that using a floor model is much, much better.

Sorry you missed out, but in the future if you come across another drill press I would encourage you to go see it and not wait for advice from these ranks ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS