Remote for a 2HP DC

Status
Not open for further replies.

dancam

Dan
Corporate Member
I have the HF 2HP 110 volt dust collector and am really happy with it. I've fitted it w/a Wynn cartridge filter and plastic bags. I also have a chip separator in-line. What I need now is a remote control for this unit.

I've looked around the various catalogs and all I find is a remote for a 1 1/2 HP motor. The other remotes that are rated for 2HPs are all stated at 230volts. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Tks,
Dan C.

bobby g

Bob
Corporate Member
Dan,

There is one called "The Long Ranger" but I can't remember who I ordered it from.

Bob

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
The Long Ranger will work, as will the Shop Fox model (I have that one). The "2HP" on the HF unit is somewhat overly optimistic, so don't worry about the remote not handling the load.

M

McRabbet

Dan,

I've used this Shop Fox Remote for several years and it works fine -- like others, I doubt you will have any problems running the HF DC with it. To test your situation, plug your DC into a 15 Amp circuit to see if it trips the breaker -- these are designed to handle amps up to that level.

JimmyC

New User
Jimmy
Years ago one of the magazines did tests on 2hp DC's and found out that the HF motor tested out at 1.5hp. So I wouldn't worry about the remote.

Good Luck Dan.

dancam

Dan
Corporate Member
Thanks all for the input. I just ordered from Woodcraft and got the sale price plus an additional 10% off that brought the price down to $44.00 I threw in another small item and snagged the free shipping.

Dan C.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS