Reminder - Lumber run at Scott Smith's this Saturday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan Bowman

New User
Dan Bowman
Kiln dried 6/4 African mahogany, 4/4 aniegre and 5/4 Brazilian cherry, all at $3/bft, Scott's qs oak, and green (not dried) black walnut flitches mostly milled to 9/4 for $4. We hope to see lots of old and new friends this Saturday, from 10:00 until 3:00. Scott's farm is at 6664 Beaver Creek Road, New Hill, NC 27562. We'll be inside if it's raining, but what are the chances of that?

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
Can you believe the weather report is calling for "mostly sunny" this Saturday. Some people are just living right.:)

DanR

New User
Dan
Dan, Do you need to know who is coming and what they want to buy, or is this first come first served?

wghatcher

Greg
Senior User
I will not be able to make it this weekend, but hope to drop by Scott's soon for some of his QS Oak. Maybe there will be some left overs of these other woods to choose from.

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
Around noon we will fire up the grill and have some chicken grilled over wood coals! All are welcome. See you Saturday!

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
There will be around 500 board feet of kiln dried 5/4 poplar available at $1.90 bd ft (including discount), 400 board feet of 5/4 eastern red cedar also at $1.90 bd ft, and a pallet of recovered birdseye hard maple flooring strips (3/4 x 2-1/2" x random lengths average 30") available at $50.00 for the entire pallet. I estimate somewhere around 120 - 150 square feet in the pallet, so that's less than .50 per board foot for some really nice birdseye boards. They work well for picture frames, etc.

There is a few hundred board feet of really spectacular spalted live edge quartersawn sycamore available starting at $3.68 bd ft for 8" and under, and $5.04 for 8" - 10" width. There are also a few white oak burled slabs available for a special price of $110.00 each.

So come on out and have some BBQ chicken and go home with some great lumber at a great price. I look forward to seeing many of my fellow NCWW members at the run!

Poplar (many wide boards)
Poplar.jpg

Eastern Red Cedar

ERC.jpg

Walnut flitches

Black walnut flitch cut.jpg

Special deal on this pallet of birdseye maple!

Birdseye maple deal.jpg

Spalted quartersawn sycamore

Spalted QS sycamore.jpg

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
Scott, What is that monster chainsaw you have in your hands? Orange and white, so it's a Stihl... 880?

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
Just got back from Scott's and unloaded about 80+ bf of beautiful Mahogany and enough poplar to replace three 4 ft. walls in another horse stall. Great wood and great prices. There's still time to head out there folks.

It is hot in the sunshine though - loading and unloading.

- Ken.

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
Many thanks to all who braved the weather and came out to the lumber run today. It was great to catch up on some old woodworking friendships and to make some new ones.

Dan and I still have some really nice lumber left over from the lumber run - a few hundred board feet each of mahogany, Anigre and Jatoba. Before we make it available to the non-NCWW community, I would like to extend the timeframe for another week or so in case anybody who could not attend today would like to stop by and pick some up.

Please send me an e-mail if interested, and we can set a date/time to get together.

Thanks much!

Scott

jcz

Johnny
Corporate Member
Wish I could have made it. I could have used some cedar. Ya snooze ya lose.

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
Thanks to Scott and Dan for hosting this today. :icon_thum I got what I needed, at a great price, plus I stuck around to visit w/ some friends I don't get to see often enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS