Remember Triangle Woodworkers Meeting 11/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

rickc

Hey folks! Don't forget the Triangle Woodworkers Association meeting tomorrow night, 11/21. It is the club's annual auction. Tools, woodworking accessories and other items of interest to woodworkers. While the auction is for members only, should you find a member who will bid on your behalf, that can be done! Meeting starts at 7:30, items are laid out for inspectiono about 7. However, the auction is only one of the many benefits of membership in the club.

Either way, several members meet for an informal dinner before the meeting at Buffalo Brothers, located in the same plaza. Meet at the restaurant at 6:00 pm, enjoy visiting with your fellow woodworkers!

Ray Martin

New User
Ray
I think this works both ways. These meetings are one of the benefits of being a woodworker. The meals at Buffalo Brothers are as enjoyable as the meeetings. Hope to see everyone there.

Ray

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
This was going to be my first meeting, but I start a new job today, and I might not be off early enough to make it to Buffalo Bros, still hope to see what everyone brings for the auction.

R

rickc

Unfortunately, I will be unable to make it tonight. However, it is a typical auction. You can get some really good deals, you see some clunkers, and of course someone ALWAYS gets caught up in the bidding action, not thinking about the real price. :drunken_s (I saw a couple HF wood vises go $5 more than what they were retail across the street last year!) :slap:

There are also some real steals, too. Last year a couple of real nice handplanes went very cheap - amazing. Most of the members don't go hog wild with the bidding.

However, it is a fun meeting and most people come away with something. I remember for the first 3 years I went there was this old shaper that kept coming back and getting sold. Last year it was missing. Either it actually found a home, or the member decidied he really wanted it! Enjoy yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS