Redwood

Jeff

New User
Jeff
Thanks Gentlemen,
I went to Capitol City Lumber Co. And I found that they have some Redwood but the boards that were wide enough were simply too thin. It is fine I was given a secondary species to make the project with if I could not get the wood that I need locally.

I'm curious now. Why did you want to use redwood to begin with for your project? What is the secondary species that you can use instead?

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
I don't know much about suppliers in the Triad area but in Charlotte, Queen City Lumber Co. keeps a stock of redwood on hand. At one time all the independent lumber companies divvied up the specialty woods and one kept redwood, one kept oak, one kept western red cedar, etc., and they would wholesale to each other when needed. So many of those places are merged or closed now.

Tgillis

Tonika
Corporate Member
I'm curious now. Why did you want to use redwood to begin with for your project? What is the secondary species that you can use instead?
The Redwood was requested for a project but since I couldn't find what I needed in the state the person that the project is going to decided that they wanted Paduak instead.

bob vaughan

Bob Vaughan
Senior User
The Redwood was requested for a project but since I couldn't find what I needed in the state the person that the project is going to decided that they wanted Paduak instead.

Excellent call.

The good redwood gets bought for industrial use such as water towers, etc., and doesn't get to the retail market much any more. Besides, redwood is extremely light weight, soft and spongy.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors